geography

Okay, here's the thing: is it just me or it seems like most of the world is completely clueless on geography?

I've been seeing videos every now and then, with people trying to name obvious places in the world with a map. India in Europe, Russia in South America, what in the world? (No pun intended)

I know, there's a stereotype, that Americans are stupid, but the videos, articles and interviews that I watched included people from other continents as well, not only Americans. Did they just came across 10-20 of the most clueless people on geography, or was it planned? Come on, a properly educated person would at least know where the US or China is. I get it, some of the smaller countries in Europe, Middle East, and Asia are hard to pinpoint exactly where, but come on, these people think China is in Europe.

I honestly don't know what's the problem, me being a geography nerd, these specific people are just absolutely stupid, or their education sucked. 

~~

This leads me into thinking that the education system really failed at educating nowadays? Maybe I'm just Asian (Another stereotype) but I thought they had Geography as a subject in schools out of most Asian countries. 

To be honest, we don't even have geography as a subject, and all I know about Geography are mainly from day to day tasks or the internet. How are these people so clueless? Don't they feel embarrassed when someone asks them where's Brazil and they would point to Asia? 

Come on.

i know this was a short chapter but i really just needed to get this off my chest. im really frustrated at how stupid these people are. 

quote of the day

❝is that india? *pointing at italy*❞