-4- Back so soon?

It was the next day that Danny REALLY started to trust Batman, after all, he had fed him and save him from the GIW. But this was special, because spoilers.

Danny was sleeping in his clean white room in Batman's infirmary. He wasn't quite used to the bed he was given yet but he was grateful anyway, for it and the food he had a few hours before. Apparently Batman had to go somewhere, and Danny was alright with that. He knew he was safe here, Batman promised he was. His heart started to lift, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to lean on someone else for a while.

Maybe.

Danny then heard the whine of an ecto-gun.

Fear struck through the halfa like lighting, his head popped up from his clearly vulnerable laying position. He had been trying to take a nap, but he was still rather shaken so sleep didn't come as much as he wanted it to.

The white haired boys thoughts immediately went into pure panic. Danny scrambled down under his bed, his bad arm and leg protesting But he ignored it with the raw adrenaline running through him.

Daring a glance the boys worst fears were confirmed.

In front of the closed door were the Guys In White.

Danny froze, his body unable to move, his breathing stopped as his world fell apart around him. He was not safe with Batman. Years of torture and pain flashed through his mind, thinking that it was all going to happen again.

Agent O and A smiled sinisterly when they saw Danny, their cores flaring with joy. Danny was frozen to the spot with terror. Agent A stepped forward towards the cowering halfa. He flicked out the weapon and a long glowing green line slithered from the hole, Danny's breathing caught in his throat as he recognized the device.

The agents arm went back and Danny screwed his eyes shut to await the blow.

With a crack of the ecto-whip Danny cried out as the stinging rope wrapped around him. The halfa was yanked forward through the bars of he bed, jostling his injuries and infringing new ones across his body.

He was now splayed across the floor with his body twitching, he moved to get up but his hand was stomped on. Danny cried out again and tried to curl in on himself once more.

The second agent brought out a different gun and fired it point blank at Danny. Instead of a bullet it was a net, an ecto-net. It burned Danny's skin worse than the whip, his clothes began to singe and he tried to keep his skin away from the acid like net. The net was tugged forward and it jerked the boy into the net, he yelled in pain but Agent A clocked him on the head, silencing him.

Danny was dazed by the blow but otherwise remained relatively quiet as he was dragged through Batman's cave.

Danny's mind could barely comprehend what was happening. Batman promised he would be safe, but the reality of himself being dragged by his tormentors and Batman nowhere in sight was beginning to sink in. He should not have gotten his hopes up, Batman wouldn't want a half ghost freak like himself, so might as well give him back to the GIW.

The net was white hot against his skin, he wrinkled his nose at the smell of burning flesh, turning into a grimace as the pain began to register. Danny just hoped he would be knocked out so that he would not have to feel more pain.

The agents paused when an elevator lit up and made a pleasant 'ding'.

-0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0-

Bruce Wayne straightened his tie, he sat comfortably at his desk in his office at Wayne Towers. Unfortunately the company couldn't run itself, he suppressed a sigh but only half succeeded. This day promised to be very boring, something Bruce later found out was false. But at the time he rand a hand over his face to wake him up and looked over a few employees notes. Simultaneously wondering how in the world he was going to continue building trust with the poor boy in his intermarry.