-31- The Last Leg

Sam shouted as Danny was sucked into the cylindrical object, her voice laced with anger and fear. A mad anger washed over her thoughts, she was going to get Danny back!

She stepped forwards to her house, intent on getting that thermos and drop kicking any and all agents who got in her way.

Well... She was going to... until her house exploded.

She was blasted backwards, a fire erupting from her home, splinters and bricks strewn about. Sam landed on her stomach, half rolling to the side. She looked up fearfully, as far as she knew her grandma was still inside.

The explosion must have been smaller than she thought as only her room was in flames, but soon she knew the rest of her house would be as well. The agent was gone, the flames starting to climb into the dark sky.

"Grandma!" She cried, getting to her feet, she raced forwards with a pounding heart. She just lost Danny, she wasn't about to lose her grandma too.

She slid to a stop as a motorcycle rolled to a stop in front of her. Tucker sat on the bike behind a grubby looking man, he had dirty blond stringy hair and pericing green eyes. The backdrop of her burning house bathed them in a red light, although the biker dude seemed to have his own glow.

Tucker waved to her, "Common Sam! We gotta get out of here!"

Sam stood her ground and glowered at them. "My grandma is still in there! And they have Danny!"

"Your grandmas fine, Skulker has her. We can save Danny another day, we just have to make sure we can." The biker said, He revived the engine and a black shadow beneath him rose up. Sam took a frightened step back, unsure if she could trust the man and feeling threatened by the large dark mass before her.

"Common Sam!" Tucker yelled again, Sam saw Technus was noticeably absent. And who as Skulker?

Before Sam could protest the shadow seemed to swallow her up, instead she was placed on the bike. She yelped and grabbed onto Tucker as the bike shot off.

"Shadow! Cover!" The biker yelled. The dark mass beneath the speeding cycle peeled off, spreading itself behind them in some sort of shield.

Sam looked back with wide eyes, too many things had happened in the past few minuets. Shadow acted like a blanket, covering the road and into the sky like a wall. She saw green hazes, the GIW were still after them. Shadow was being shot at, the wall rippled as shadow shrunk, defeated by the bright ectoguns.

"Won't Shadow be caught?!" Tucker yelled against the wind, he too, seeing the ghosts demise.

"We can save him too when we get Danny. He's distracting the GIW, the best we can do is save him later." The biker said, he seemed void of all emotion, almost. Sam noticed he had also glanced back with almost a longing gaze, wanting to help but knowing it would be suicide.

The air quieted as they sped away, the cold now getting to Sam as the numbness went away. Her house was on fire, her grandma might be safe with this Skulker person, some dude on a bike kidnaped her, Technus was missing, and Danny was gone. But he had said something, right before he was sucked into the weird object, something to do with Batman?

Sam scowled in thought as the wind sent her hair into hysterics, the action was rather pleasing, feeling like a massage on her head. Batman was a hero, part of the Justice League, but they mainly did their business around New York, the smaller cities being Gotham and Central City. What did Batman have to do with anything?