-24- Homefront

Danny walked up some stairs, holding half a sandwich, Wally had said M'gann and Connor were working on a 'bike' over here. Danny honestly had no idea what a bike was but the speedster was still making his sandwich when Danny went to go find out.

He wasn't paying attention to where he was walking when he ran into something metal, he stiffened as his mind went directly to robot but he relaxed as it was just the bike. At least, he thought it was a bike.

He looked up and M'gann and Connor had their faces squished together. He tilted his head in confusion. The two jumped at the sudden noise of his entry, stepping apart with blushing faces.

"Hi Phantom!" M'gann said, waving her arm. Her core said she was nervous and a yellow coursed through her core. Connor's usual red was surprisingly also covered in a warm yellow, apparently the action they had been doing was pleasing to them.

"H-hi." he responded, his eyes traveling across the bike, searching for threats more like. Connor and M'gann gave each other side glances, Danny apparently didnt notice their kissing, or if he did, didnt make any comments about it. The relationship was still somewhat new, other team members began noticing, M'gann was pretty sure Artemis knew and Robin probably knew, he's Robin.

"What'cha doing?" The martian asked, Danny shrugged.

"W-Wally said b-bike this way." Sure enough Wally came up the stairs, his mouth partially full.

"Hey guys! You two sure spend a lota time working on that bike, obviously you need the Wall-man's expert help." Wally said, Danny scrunched his nose, not sure if Wally was actually an expert on the subject. M'gann and Connor exchanged looks, then sent Danny thankful smiles.

Wally finished his sandwich as Danny shifted closer to the speedster. A box of tools were off to one side, closer to M'gann than Wally. Wally knelt down next to the bike, evaluating and judging what was needed.

"Dork wrench." Wally said, M'gann lifted her hand, levitating a wrench to Wally's outstretched hand. Danny watched the floating tool with slitted eyes, if that wrench floated the wrong way Danny was going to disintegrate it.

"Thanks green cheeks." Danny gave him a weird look, he was sure that nickname hadn't been allowed by the owner, M'gann was just too nice to say no.

Connor had his hands on his hips in a business like manner, M'gann standing loosely. Danny twisted his head around at the sound of feet, Kaldur and his sea-grey core approached the group.

"I have been meaning to ask, any problems juggling school work with your responsibilities here?" Kaldur asked evenly/ Danny wasn't sure the others picked up on the underlying tone that said this wasn't an innocent question, Kaldur was suspicious.

"Nope." Connor said curtly.

"Juggling is just one of my many talents, socket wrench." Wally informed, hand out to receive M'gann's telekinetic transport. Danny snorted, he didn't believe Wally could juggle.

"Well, daily cheerleading practice has presented a challenge." M'gann started, "Oh but my first loyalty is always to the team." She then quickly added, "this team, not the bumblebees." Kaldur seemed that information was enough.

"Artemis starts school today, do you think she will have trouble maintaining loyalties?" Was school some type of cult? Why would they have trouble with loyalties and school? these questions filled the halfa's mind as he nibbled on his sandwich behind Wally.

The speedster then stood, "Nah, she'll manage all right, I mean, how much more hostile and annoying can sh-" An explosion shook the ground and suddenly the water reached out and grabbed them.