-25- Return

Danny had his head in his arms, his knees drawn up and arms wrapped around them.

He was back.

Back with the Guys In White.

He shivered in his cell, a new cell that was clean of his blood, for now at least. He didnt remember how he got there, he just remembered the forever evil robots sucking all the air from the room. He remembered watching his friends fall and his vision going dark as he too fell unconscious.

He awoke here, his blinking collar back in place with no bed or old clothes to be found. He was dressed in the white skin-tight clothes that he used to wear, usually green and red by the time the GIW were done with him.

His middle stung where the fire had burned him, after a quick check he saw bulbus blisters and knew it would scar. His healing ability was helping, but it was delayed somehow, Danny figured it was the collar. After having it off for so long his neck burned as it siphoned his ecto energy.

It pulled at him, it pulled at his core, his very essence felt like it was draining away. The halfa wanted to claw at it, to do something to get it off, but he knew if he made any attempts to do so it would result in even worse pain. While he had built up quite a bit of energy from not having the collar on it was taking a while for the collar to get him in a manageable level. But too soon was he deprived of energy, like a desert with no water but the moisture of his own body.

The air was different as well, it seemed... empty. Not an empty that was usually there, but like something was missing. It gave Danny an uneasy feeling, an underlying theme of wrongness.

Unlike his other cell this one was dark, the lights were out but Danny did not mind. He prefered it, it gave him a sense of calmness, like a blanket wrapped around his shoulders. But it did little to sooth his racing mind, he was here, and here was bad.

His door opened with a bang and two GIW agents Danny didn't recognise walked in. Their cores were the usual yellow and red, but they seemed much calmer and wore permanent scowls on their bald faces.

He shrank away, he didnt want to be here, he wanted his brother, he wanted his father. He whimpered when one of the agents grabbed him by his hair and forced him up. Like everything else in this new place something was different, usually the agents would sneer at him or something, this guy went straight to business.

His hands and feet were chained like they always were, but this time there seemed to be some freedom as there were chain links between his hands instead of solid metal. Of course his feet always had the chain links so he could walk but the hands were new.

Danny kept his head down as they walked down the white halls, but it was different as something green was splashed against the clean white. Something was glowing and they were walking towards it.

Danny almost fell as he paused to gape at the large circular thing, the agents shoved him forward into a crowd of agents surrounding the thing. It looked like the GIW had set a camp around it, the large room was littered with computers and other machines. There were lots of agents, most of them standing guard, but a few were actually doing stuff on the machines. The weird green thing reminded the Halfa of the core's he always sees. It was writhing and green, swirling and getting faster and slower, pulsing almost.

It gave off waves of a green substance that melted into the air, clean ecto-plasm. The halfa walked in a daze, his toxic green eyes fixed on the core-like object floating in the air. He felt good around it, like it was giving him an energy boost. He was snapped back to the present when something latched onto his chest.

It looked like a bullet-proof vest with wires and buttons. The agents said nothing as he was hooked up to a weird blockish machine with dozens of screens on it. The lights started blinking on his vest and an agent that operated the large machine flipped a switch.