-22- Toast

Robin was nearly in hysterics when he came to pick up Danny at the mountain. He had been expecting to see Danny and the other heroes in the living room watching a movie or eating or something. He was not expecting a sullen Connor, an anxious M'gann, and a concerned Roy. Danny was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is he? What happened?!" The boy wonder asked out loud, not needing to be told something went down. He had seen the chaos that was the mission room, debris was everywhere and the living room/kitchen wasn't much better. The couch was in ruins and half the kitchen was covered in drywall and dust. The Connor sat on the one seater while Roy leaned against the counter, M'gann stood nervously to the side. Roy looked up at his entrance.

"He's in the med bay. Someone-thing attacked and I told Danny to run but he was cut off, I didn't see what happened next because I was dealing with M'gann and Connor."

Robin frowned, "Something attacked? Is Danny ok? Why were you preoccupied with M'gann and Connor?" Robin asked in quick succession, sending a glare to his team members. M'gann shifted uncomfortably.

"Something invaded our minds, we can't remember anything of what we did but Roy had to fight us to keep Danny safe." M'gann looked down in shame while hugging one of her arms. "I couldn't break it, I should have been able to... I'm sorry..."

Robin's glare softened, he couldn't blame her but he needed to find out who and how. He had a pretty good guess on who though. "It's ok M'gann, as long as Danny is alright you're good." She nodded but deep inside she was chastising herself for not being able to fight the mental attack. "Med bay you said? Did he get hurt?" Robin asked as he inched his way closer to the hallway.

"Yes, ish.. I don't really know. After a while Danny was fighting this Plasmius guy by himself, I don't have details, but after M'gann and Connor came to their senses I searched the mountain for Danny. I found him knocked out in the basement in a smoldering crater, no one was there but there were scuff marks along the walls and floor"

Robin looked at him quizzically with a concerned frown, he needed to see Danny now. He rushed out of the room with a swish of his cape, his mind creating all the possibilities of what had happened. Maybe it wasn't the GIW, though he could see how Roy could mistake the GIW for things instead of people. Those men were not human.

He opened Danny's door hesitantly, peaking an eye in before opening it wider. Danny was sound asleep in the fetal position on top of the bed, his body was still save it be the gentle rise and fall of his chest. It was an interesting position for someone who had been knocked out, normally the body was limp, Danny must have woken up at some point.

Robin bit his lip, what should he do? Should he wake him up or let him sleep? The young vigilante shook his head, he needed to wake him up, he needed to know what had happened. Robin sneakily tip toed to the bed, not sure how Danny would wake up. He lowered himself until his eyes peaked over the edge of the bed and snaked an arm out to shake the sleeping halfa.

Robin ducked and retracted his arm quickly as Danny let out a little groan, then quieted. He squinted over the top of the bed, Danny hadn't moved. He huffed and stood, putting himself in a more relaxed position. He crossed his arms and put a hand on his chin, eyes examining his brothers prone form.

Robin saw that a considerable amount of the bed was left unused, so he sat on the edge of the bed. His movement did nothing to the sleeping halfa. Robin scooted himself closer, almost touching the child's bare feet. Danny made no objection to the action. Robin scrunched up his nose in distaste, Danny needed to wake up at some point, but he didn't want to scare him awake.

Robin thought for a moment longer before gently worming his hands under the sleeping child and lifted him up. Danny didn't stir as his older brother half dragged him onto his lap. When the boy wonder set him down he gave a large intake of breath through his nose but did not wake. Robin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, for some reason not wanting to wake up his little brother from his adorable position.