-7- Scars of the past

Danny was still curled up in Bruce's lap, clinging to the man with desperation, crying it all out onto Bruce's shirt while he trembled with post-panic attack stress. Bruce rubbed his back and fuzzy head comfortingly, hoping Danny would be alright.

The boy was strong, and uniquely intelligent. Bruce shouldn't worry too much, but he did, because despite what the vigilante thought, he loved the little boy. He wanted him to be safe and feel loved, to be whole again. It was the same strong feeling he got when Dick need him.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" Bruce repeated, Danny shook his head again. He was too afraid it would return, he never wanted to fall asleep again, he couldn't risk it.

Bruce nodded understandingly with a reassuring pat on the halfas back. "Alright, you don't have to sleep if you don't want to. Let's get you some new bandages though, your starting to bleed through." Danny unlatched his arms from Bruce and scooted backwards, head down and still sniffling. Bruce stood and picked Danny up gently (as to not injure the boy's arm further) and set him on the bed. Of course his injuries had bled while he was writhing in his sleep, Danny poked his leg experimentally and held his breath as pain shot through the limb.

Bruce caught the halfas eyes, "I'm going to leave for a few seconds because the first aid kit is downstairs, are you going to be ok alone?" He didn't want Danny to have another panic attack.

Danny eyes shifted from the billionaires gaze to his core, he was telling the truth. Danny nodded reluctantly, he wanted to latch onto him again, he didn't want him to leave. What if his flashbacks got worse? What if while he was gone the GIW showed up again?

Bruce left somewhat hesitantly, and sped walked to minimalist time away from the half panicked child. Bruce eyed Dick's door as he passed, surprized the acrobat didn't wake up from Danny's screams. Bruce figured he probably did wake up but kept his distance, Dick was a smart kid.

Unbeknownst to Bruce, Dick was hiding expertly on the hallway ceiling, he didn't want Bruce to know he was spying on him.

Back inside the room, once the vigilante was gone, Danny slid off the bed and stood. He felt bad for thinking Bruce was a GIW agent. Bruce was trying his hardest to be nice and take care of him, and he was succeeding, no need for Danny to ruin it. The white haired halfa limped around the bed and got the covers up from the ground, almost drowning himself in the large fabric.

Danny huffed as he tried to throw the comforter on the bed, only to have it land on him. Danny sighed, he lifted his hands to grab the blanket but it was pulled taut by his reaching. The door opened again and Danny twisted around to face Bruce, only to tangle himself further in the blanket.

A smile played at Bruce's lips as he found Danny standing with the blanket on top of him totally twisted up.

"You alright Danny? Did you get stuck?" Bruce said in a light tone. He set the bandages on the bed corner and went over to the flailing Danny, who was trying to throw the blanket off to no avail.

"Here, let me help." Bruce grabbed the blanket corner and lifted it, Danny became visible in the shadow of the blanket. Danny limped towards him until the blanket came down again, covering him once more. Bruce smiled, trying not to laugh as Danny made an agitated 'humph'. Oops, Bruce thought, he flicked the blanket again and Danny dashed out as to not get trapped again.

The halfa stuck to the black cored man's side as Bruce gathered the blanket off the ground and draped it over one side of the bed. Danny's hair was sticking up in amusing places courtesy of the blanket. Danny scowled at the covers and hugged onto Bruce's leg as he walked. Once Bruce was done he walked over to the other side where the bandages were. Bruce sat on the bed as Danny stood in front of him, now at eye level.