7. baby doll green

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

"So, Allison," I begin as the two of us trudge down the steps of the school in sync. I spent a long school day prancing the halls with her trying to get her to give up a little information about this family business but she hasn't budged a bit. I'm still not entirely convinced she's unaware of it however. "What did you say your dad does for a living again?"

"Oh, he has an armory. He sells guns and crossbows and stuff like that," she answers nonchalantly, my smile turning tight.

"Oh really?" I muse. "He must hunt then."

She shrugs. "Yeah, I guess he does from time to time." She stops walking, peering at me with her doe eyes underneath those long lashes. "Why the interest in my dad? I know you're into older guys but, he's like, really old. And my parents are still married."

I choke out a laugh, shaking my head at her. "Allison, I'm not into older guys. I was just making conversation."

She smiles slyly. "You don't have to lie to me Sky, it's totally obvious you're into that Derek guy. Don't worry, I won't tell Scott. Since they're friends and all."

Derek. My thoughts, of course, turn to him. The week has gone by fairly uneventful. No more surprise pop-ins from Derek, which I haven't decided how to feel about yet. The only way I can explain the feeling I get around him is like walking through one of those "haunted" corn-mazes put on around Halloween. You go there to get scared; you're excited to get scared, but despite your anticipation you still scream when the people in masks jump out at you. The man terrifies me and gives me all kinds of bad feelings, but I've noticed a little twinge of excitement when he comes around as well. I'm not interested in him like that though, my brain insists. He's admitted himself that he's a murderer, and that's not something I could ever just overlook.

"I'm not into Derek," I whisper, spotting my brother and Stiles down the hall. "Or your dad. I have to go though, I'll catch you later."

The boys are perched near a hallway, peering around a corner. I come up behind them, following their attention to find Mr. Stilinski in deep conversation with the principal just outside his office.

"Curfew because of the body," Scott announces after a moment.

"Unbelievable!" Stiles' jaw drops. "My dad's out looking for a rabid animal while the jerk-off who actually killed the girl is just hanging out, doing whatever he wants."