11. smells like death

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     My fingernails tap on my desk nervously as I await the results of my world history test. The teacher moves up and down the rows of desks, handing back the packets marked with big red font on the front. I grow more anxious everytime he hands one back, watching the student's mood change dramatically—for better or worse. The parent-teacher conferences are coming up soon and I need Mom to be impressed.

"If Derek isn't the alpha—if he wasn't the one who bit you, then who did?" Stiles asks, tapping my brother's shoulder in the seat beside mine.

"I don't know." Scott shrugs, sending him a half glance.

"Did the alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know," he answers, this time seeming quite a bit more frustrated.

I try to shoot Stiles a look—let him know he's not helping the situation, but he doesn't notice. He just flings himself back in his seat with a long sigh. Unfortunately, his silence doesn't last.

"Does Allison's dad know about the alph—"

"I don't know!" Scott yells across the generally quiet classroom, catching everyone's attention. He sulks back in his seat, trying to avoid everyone's eyes.

Scott gets his test back, and I see the big red D- on his paper. One good thing about having a twin: I don't have to be great to be on Mom's good side, I just have to be better than Scott. As I get my test back and see the decent B, I know I've at least done that. Stiles, who of course got a perfect A, notices Scott's low score with a cringe.

"Dude, you need to study more."

Scott slams his test face-down on his desk in irritation, crossing his arms tightly. I nudge Stiles and give him a glare of disapproval. He raises his arms in defense, an exasperated look crossing his face.

"That was a joke," he insists.

"Scott, it was one test. You're gonna make it up," I tell him, getting a subtle shrug in response.

"Do you want help studying?" Stiles asks, trying to make the situation better. Scott shakes his head.

"No," he says, tapping his desk with his pencil. "I'm studying with Allison after school."

"That's my boy," Stiles sings, his eyebrows raised in utter approval. I grimace, smacking his shoulder lightly.

"C'mon, Stiles. That's my brother."

"We're just studying," Scott reassures us.

"Uh, no you're not!" Stiles shakes his head furiously.