23. us

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     "This is not how I wanted to spend my day," I complain from the backseat of Stiles' jeep, crossing my legs.

"Yeah well, I'd rather not get shot by the Argents again," Scott retorts as we screech to a stop beside Jackson and Mr. Argent in an otherwise vacant parking lot. We all greet the two, pretending to be friendly to Jackson.

"Everything okay?" Scott asks innocently. Apparently, the Argents think Jackson is the second beta because of the scratches on the back of his neck—deep scratches can sometimes turn people, according to the Argents.

"Hey Scott." Mr. Argent gives the three of us a tight smile. "Your friend was just having some car trouble. We were just giving it a look."

"There's a shop right down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck," Scott replies, trying to get the older man to leave. Mr. Argent keeps up the innocent facade but he's clearly upset that we interrupted his little confrontation.

"Yeah, you want a ride?" Stiles asks, nodding to Jackson. Scott climbs out of the front seat and pushes the seat forward so that Jackson would be able to get in by me.

"C'mon, Jackson." I force a smile. "You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself."

Jackson nods hesitantly, walking over to the jeep. I scoot over to make room for him when Mr. Argent calls out with a forced smile.

"Hey, wait," he says, shutting the trunk and going over to the driver side door. He turns the key in the ignition and the engine hums without a problem. "Told you I knew a few things about cars."

Then he gets in his maroon SUV and drives away, giving the three of us one last fake grin. Stiles and I get out of the jeep, the three of us surrounding Jackson.

"What, are you following me now?" Jackson snaps, looking between the three of us.

"Yes! You freaking idiot, you almost gave away everything right there!" Scott yells, getting up in the jock's face.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, annoyed.

"He thinks you're the second beta!" Scott replies. Jackson looks confused, not realizing the severity of the statement.

"What?"

"He thinks you're me!" Scott shouts, turning around and punching Stiles' jeep in frustration. Stiles and I simultaneously flinch as he does so.

"Dude, my jeep—"

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away—literally!" he yells at Jackson, completely ignoring Stiles' complaints. "Now he thinks that there's something wrong and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you too!"