14. peeping tom

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     Mornings are always a daze for me, today more than usual. I tossed and turned all night, red eyes and long sharp teeth torturing my subconscious mind for hours on end. Visions of the alpha killing me, visions of Scott and Derek failing to get to me in time. Visions of Stiles and my mom falling victim as well. Despite the fact that I'm not going to school, I still get up at my normal time anyway—there's no point in sleeping when it isn't a real rest. Upon getting out of bed I expected to feel different: I expected to be depressed, paranoid, unmotivated.

However, despite the deep ache in my shoulder (eased by the low-dose pain medications my mom gave me), the usual morning "chores" come easily to me. I practically spring down the steps to the kitchen, seeing my brother has already left, and make myself a good breakfast. Eggs, toast, and some fruit on the side. I make some for Mom as well, seeing her car is still in the driveway. She comes down dressed in her scrubs right as I finish scooping the last of the eggs onto the plates, an overdramatic frown crossing her face.

"What part of bed rest don't you understand?" she asks, although she still snatches her plate up and quickly scoops the food into her mouth, running on a time crunch. I do the same, rolling my eyes at her persistence.

"A girl's gotta eat, Mom," I remind her. The response seems to provoke her thoughts a bit because she sets her fork down and shakes her head.

"So you're feeling okay?" she asks, eyeing my uncovered shoulder and collarbone. The area is a deep purple, and honestly looks worse than it feels.

I give her a reassuring nod. "I feel fine."

"Are you sure you don't need someone to stay home with you? I can probably skip one shift," she says, her and I both knowing the last part is a total bluff. "I can make Scott come home."

"No, Mom. It's Allison's birthday today. He can't miss that."

Mom lets out a sigh as she finishes her food. "Fine. But I'll keep my phone on me all day. Call. Please. If you need anything."

"Yes ma'am," I murmur. She puts her plate in the sink and then gives me a hug, being extra cautious of the injured side. "Love you, Mom."

"I love you too, honey."

She takes one last glance at me before grabbing her purse off the kitchen counter, hooking her employee ID onto the pocket of her scrubs, and leaving. I hear the click of the deadbolt locking behind her.