27. bitten vol. 2

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     Scott, Derek and I quickly leave the room after grabbing Derek's shirt and jacket, walking down a musty hallway until we come to a high window where Scott must have come in. Derek swings himself up first, climbing through and then reaching his hand down to help me. My brother gives him a look of disapproval but it doesn't discourage him as he pulls me outside. Scott climbs through after me.

I let out a breath, feeling the late night mildew from the grass seep into my dress. I suddenly realize I left my shoes down there—not that it should be the highest on my list of problems. Those were expensive shoes though.

The three of us start walking, with me making sure to be extra careful with my step considering my feet are bare. We haven't made it halfway to the Hale house when Derek stops us, panting heavily.

"Hold on," he tells us, looking around. "Something doesn't feel right."

"Don't say that," I scold, leaning against him as I unstick a leaf from my foot. "Someone says that and then everything goes wrong."

"I don't know, it's kind of like it was—"

"No, no!" Scott cuts him off before he can finish his second damning statement. "Don't say too easy! Skylar's right—people say stuff like that and bad things happen!"

"See?" I mutter, and Derek rolls his eyes at us.

"You think finding you two was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy!" Scott says.

"Fine. You're right," he agrees reluctantly.

"Thank you," Scott murmurs. Just as he's finished speaking, the sharp slice of an arrow zipping through the air sounds around us. Derek drops to the ground, an arrow protruding from his shoulder.

"Derek!" I squeak, dropping to my knees beside him. Another arrow sounds, this one just barely missing me and hitting him in the leg.

"Your eyes!" he shouts, just as an arrow lodges itself in the tree behind us, exploding to engulf us in a blinding white light. When my eyes return to normal, Scott's also on the ground.

Derek clutches the arrows tightly, ripping both of them out with a grunt. It takes me a moment but I realize that the arrows had to come from somewhere. I look over and I'm surprised to see Allison and Kate crouched down. I'm even more surprised to see Allison's the one with the crossbow. Derek grabs me and pulls me to my feet, stumbling over to Scott and snatching him by his collar as well. We basically have to drag my brother away, towards the Hale house where Derek's car still sits. I notice Derek's limping from the arrow wound. Without warning he tumbles to the ground, flinging Scott and I forward as he does so.