20. lunatic

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

"Skylar!" Allison calls as I walk past her in the lunchroom. I turn and see her with her lunch tray, looking apologetic. "I know you usually sit with Scott and Stiles, but can you sit with me today? I miss you."

"Of course," I say, feeling a twinge of guilt. I've been dodging her texts over the long weekend, tired of her incessant questions about Scott and their relationship and what I know about what happened at the school.

We find an empty table and sit across from each other. I don't have to wait long for it.

"How are you?" she asks softly, taking in what I can only imagine is a rough appearance. Last night was the first night of good sleep I got, and it only happened because I was drunk.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Fine," she says. We both know we're lying. "Scott seemed insistent that it was Derek at the school but you told the cops you didn't see anything."

"Cause I didn't."

"You really didn't or you're protecting him?"

I look at her, trying my best not to be rude. She doesn't know what's going on. "I really didn't."

"But you don't think it was him?"

Before I can answer, the seat next to her is stolen by Jackson. He and Lydia also split after that night, hence why she's not following behind. Allison gives the jock a warm smile, chewing on her chocolate chip cookie.

"Why are you here?" I ask rudely, picking at my food. I have less of an appetite today, knowing what's coming.

"Be nice," Allison murmurs, giving me a sharp glance.

"Uh, you've got something on your—" Jackson starts, looking at Allison. She has a piece of chocolate from her cookie stuck to her lip. "Let me."

He uses his thumb to wipe it away, making Allison a bit uncomfortable. She hides it well though, forcing a laugh as he licks the chocolate off of his thumb.

"Thanks," she says. "Either of you want a bite?" She holds up the rest of her cookie. Jackson's eyes snap over to her, and he looks pretty freaked out.

"What?"

"I asked if either of you want a bite," Allison repeats slowly, and Jackson's expression returns to normal. What did he think she said?

"Oh, uh, no," he stutters, rubbing the back of his neck. "Thanks."

"You doing okay, Jackson?" I put on a fake concerned act, leaning onto the table. He looks at me, his eyes narrowing.