26. kate's wrath

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽❁☾

     The first thought that comes to my consciousness: my head hurts. A sharp pain steadily aches at the front of my forehead, pulsating throughout the rest of my skull. As my ability to move my body comes back to me, I try to reach up and grab at it, but I realize my hands are held back by something. Chains. I'm sitting in an uncomfortable chair, and chains are binding my arms and legs together. I cough, heaving at the dryness of my mouth. Once I blink back the blurriness from my eyes I look around.

I'm guessing I'm in some sort of basement or cellar. Miscellaneous boxes and tables, old chairs and such litter the room. I spot a weird looking machine on a table, connected to a clump of wires which my eyes follow to a dark figure hanging from the brick wall. The shadows make it too hard to see that side of the room, but the body shape looks like that of a man.

"Mm, the little girl's awake," a voice I recognize as Kate coos mockingly. A light clicks on and as my eyes adjust to the sudden change, she comes into view. She spins a blonde curl around her finger, smirking.

"What am I doing here?" I croak, remembering being hit by something after I went outside to call Derek. I wonder how long I've been out for. Scott must have noticed my absence by now.

"Getting what you wanted," Kate replies, leaning down in my face. "I have something you want. And you're gonna help me get something I want."

I pause, trying to form a coherent sentence but the aching in my brain is making it difficult. "What do you want?"

"Simple. I want to know who the alpha is."

"What makes you think I know?" I raise an eyebrow, feeling my head throb even harder with each word I voice.

"I don't know what you know," she answers, shaking her head. "But I know what he knows. And from that adorable little message you left him, I'm guessing you will be the quickest way to get information out of him."

"Him?" I ask.

She points back to the figure attached to the wall, and with the new light I see it's Derek. He's half naked and sweaty and looks like he's taken a recent beating or two, but he's alive. That's all that matters.

"Isn't that right, Derek?" she asks, leaving me and going to him, looking up at his scowl with a grin.

"Don't touch her," he growls, baring his fangs. Kate laughs in his face. She comes back over to me, taking a knife out of her black boot and holding it up, twirling it around in admiration.

"I'm guessing she doesn't have the same healing abilities as you and your friend," Kate murmurs. I flinch as she presses the knife against my cheek, dragging it down gently to my chin. Not hard enough to draw blood, but enough to make my heart pound.