XO- nine

Waking up with arms around you is one of the most amazing feelings.

It's some sort of feeling of protection. It feels like nothing in the whole entire universe can get to you because the person whom you love has their arms protecting you by being wrapped around your body.

The feeling of them against your skin, the warmth of the skin on skin contact. It was something I adored.

But then there was the whole 'waking up' part.

It ruined it all. Waking up meant that we'd have to move. Waking up meant that we'd have to get our day started and then bad things could happen or good things could happen. Who knows.

We'd have to go through the whole entire day, all twenty some what hours of it and then end it right back here.

Then again, waking up means getting the day started which means the sooner we get the day started the sooner it'll end. The sooner it ends, the sooner we would be able to cuddle each other to sleep... maybe on the bed because the couch killed my back.

Frank opened his eyes and I looked down at him. He smiled, I did too. He shifted and rubbed his eyes, he let out a loud exaggerated yawn and sat up, wrapping the blanket around himself.

I noticed something that I haven't noticed last night, or ever.

He got a new tattoo.

This one was strange. It was extremely simple yet it must be so meaningful to him. It must be filled with some sort of connection to have something like that permanently marked on your body.

It suited him though. It was strange but any tattoo that he got made him look like a better man. Not to say that he looks less of a man with no tattoos but the more he gets the better it gets.

I've noticed that. He got a sleeve once, I watched him get it the year after we left my mother. I almost passed out because the thought of a needle in my body makes me want to die.

He looked so great, then the next year he got some symbol behind his ear and above his scorpion tattoo. It was just so attractive on him. It was like art on his body.

It was art on his body. It was his art.

It may not have been created by him but he has a story that goes with it. Each tattoo must mean something to him and that is art in its self.

I pointed to it and I raised my eyebrow. He pointed to it too. I nodded my head and he smirked.

"Oh Gerard,"

He said in kind of a 'sighing' voice, then tucked my hair behind my ear.

"You must keep your soul, like a secret in your throat"

That's what it meant.

The word 'soul' was in the middle of his throat. Although I don't understand what it meant. I understood that it's not something random, it never is with frank.

"What does it mean?"

"Exactly how it sounds Gerard. Keep your soul, like a secret in your throat."

I bit my lip. I didn't get it. Was I missing something?

Keep your soul like a secret in your throat. What? Keeping a secret from people is hard yeah whatever- but what does the soul have to do with it? Keep your soul away from people? To not let people in, or to not show them who you truly are on the inside?

Gosh this hurts my head.

"It's confusing but I like it"

He smiled and kissed my cheek. He stood up and stretched to then walked to the kitchen.

I feel like we spend a lot of time in that kitchen