Chapter X

A/N: people actually read this whaaat

********************************************

THE NEXT MONTH, DAY OF THE WEDDING

The two young males are dressed up in suits, standing in front of the building that they soon have to step into. Where they have to meet a bunch of Jimin's relatives and most importantly, Jimin's older brother.

The marble porch of the huge building is decorated with lanterns that light up the wide stairs. They can hear music and people talking with relatives and introducing their kids to their friends. Some people walk by Jimin and Yoongi in a hurry to escape the chilly air that their festive wear fails to block out. It's already starting to get dark outside, considering that autumn is nearing and days are getting shorter.

Yoongi shivers as a gust of wind blows past them. He looks at the nervous Jimin standing next to him, eyes fixated on the gigantic double doors and hands wringing together anxiously. He feels a pang of pity in his chest. But also another emotion rumbles deep down. Anger. He might not know what the younger's brother looks like, or what kind of person he is, but he has caused Jimin serious trauma and the fact that just a simple invitation can cause him to loose unhealthy amounts of sleep, makes Yoongi's insides boil with hatred.

"Fuck, I can't do this" Jimin says restlessly. Yoongi breaks out of his rant in his head and grabs Jimin by the shoulders. He looks him dead in the eye.

"Jimin, you're doing this. By not going, you're just giving him the pleasure of the power he has over you. I'll be with you through it all, don't worry. You're an adult now, show him he can't rule over you anymore" Yoongi doesn't know where his inspirational speech came from, maybe he just can't help but feel protective over his Jimin. Wait, his Jimin? Let's just say that didn't happen.

Jimin looks shocked, he wasn't expecting such a response from Yoongi. After a while, he swallows the uncomfortable lump in his throat and turns to look at the building again. Yoongi can tell that he is going to freak out again, so he surprises himself as well as Jimin as he grabs the youngers hand in a tight grasp. Jimin looks down at their hands with an inaudible gasp but soon intertwines his fingers with the others.

"You ready?" Yoongi asks, pushing back the voice in his head that's yelling 'what the hell are you doing?!'. Jimin nods, letting out a shaky breath even though he's not ready at all. Yoongi squeezes Jimin's hand reassuringly and begins walking up the marble stairs.

When they get inside they are immediately surrounded by the crowd of guests. Jimin subconsciously tightens his grip on Yoongi's hand just so they won't lose each other in the swarm of people. Yoongi's heart does a flip but he ignores it, not wanting to admit the effect Jimin has had on him lately.

Soon the duo sees a woman in her 50s wave happily in their direction. Jimin waves back with a smile and starts pushing through the crowd with Yoongi trailing behind him with their hands still intertwined. As they arrive in front of the woman and the man standing next to her, the woman pulls Jimin into a tight hug. Yoongi let's Jimin's hand slip out of his grip when Jimin wraps around the woman just as tightly. They pull away and Yoongi is relieved to see a genuine smile on the younger's face.

"Yoongi, this is my mom and my dad, mom, dad, this is Yoongi, who I brought as my plus one" Jimin introduces. Yoongi shakes hands with Jimin's parents. He can clearly see the resemblance. Jimin forgets for a second how much he dreads what's to happen as he watches how handsome Yoongi looks in his suit being all formal with his parents.

"Jimin darling, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend!" His mother says delightfully. Her eyes turning to cresents when she smiles, just like Jimin's. Yoongi looks at him with a small smile and a raised eyebrow. A blush rises up along Jimin's neck and up to his cheeks.