Chapter XIII

A/N: yo this has 51 votes what maybe i should actually try to update a lil better hEh

********************

Jimin reads the text he got from Yoongi a few hours ago.

'Wear something casual and warm, I'll pick you up at 7 pm' the text said. Jimin had picked out a grey supreme hoodie that he got for his birthday from Taehyung, a pair of black skinny jeans that hugged his thighs mighty nicely. He pulls a red beanie over his hair and a blue jean jacket over the hoodie. He sits down on the couch in his cozy living room and makes himself busy on his phone while he waits for a knock on his front door.

*******************

Yoongi checks that he has everything in the picnic basket he had pulled out from a corner in his closet. Blankets, a thermos bottle with hot chocolate, cupcakes and strawberries. He then quickly messes around his hair how he wants it once again before heading to pick up his date.

*****************

A knock echoes through Jimin's quiet apartment. Jimin jumps a little, broken out of his trance of staring at the clock intensly. He gets up from the couch and walks to his door with shaky steps. He opens the door and scans Yoongi's appearance. Their outfits are quite similair. Yoongi is wearing a black leather jacket over a darker grey hoodie, a pair of blue skinny jeans that are rolled up a bit on his ankles, vans and a blue beanie to top it off with some blonde hair peaking out. Jimin melts inside because how does one look that good in casual wear?

For the moment they are standing there just admiring each other, Yoongi's eyes shift back to the other's thighs multiple times, silently blessing whoever designed those jeans. He lets his eyes stay on the thighs sculpted by gods for a little longer until he hears Jimin clear his throat. He quickly moves his gaze to Jimin's eyes, a michevious glint shining in them. Yoongi sheepishly smiles.

"You ready?" Yoongi asks and Jimin nods and walks out, locking his door and shoving his keys in his pocket. They walk out of the apartment complex and start walking along the street with Yoongi in the lead. 

"So where are we going?" Jimin asks after a few minutes of walking as he eyes the basket in the other's hand curiously. The blonde chuckles, moving the basket to his other hand, away from Jimin.

"You'll see" He answers smugly, even though on the inside he's shitting himself, not sure if Jimin is gonna like it. Jimin pouts and sticks his nose up like a little child while walking with his arms crossed. Yoongi's heart does a little jump at the sight.

After about 10 minutes they arrive at a park that's decorated with wires of small light bulbs hanging in between trees. A few couples are sprawled out on the grass, having a picnic or just cuddling while watching the sky.

Yoongi leads the duo on a hill, away from the other couples. A light bulb wire right above it and a the beautiful sight of the city visible underneath. He pulls out the blankets from the basket and lays one on the grass. Then he lays out the sweet edibles and pours hot chocolate in two cups. He then sits down and wraps himself in a blanket before patting the blanket on the ground, looking up at the younger with hopeful and slightly vulnerable eyes, silently praying that the other doesn't think this is lame. Much to Yoongi's surprise, Jimin can't hide the squeal that escapes his lips as he quickly walks over and sits down with a grin, wrapping himself in the last blanket.

Jimin looks at the blonde with excited eyes, resembling a child on Christmas. Yoongi relaxes and smiles at the other's behaviour.

"Eat up" He grins as he holds out a raspberry cupcake. Jimin's eyes widen comically and a gasp escapes his lips.

"That's my favorite! How did you know?" He asks astonished. Yoongi scrathes the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Uh yeah.... that's kinda thanks to Taehyung" Yoongi explains. Jimin wants to curl up in a corner and scream because of the fact of how much thought the older put into this.

"Wow you're really romantic, that's something I didn't expect from you Yoongi" Jimin says with a geniuine smile as he grabs the cupcake and takes a bite, eyes closing as he savours the wonderful taste. Jimin immediately noticed that the cupcakes were even from his favorite place, a small coffee shop down the street from his apartment.

Yoongi blushes a little at the comment, muttering a 'shut up' with a small smile still playing on his lips. Jimin smiles brightly and continues to munch on his cupcake. When he finishes his cupcake he notices that Yoongi hasn't eaten anything. He frowns and picks up a cupcake and holds it in front of the olders face. The blonde gives him a weird look.

"Eat, I'm not letting you just sit there" Jimin says sternly with a pout. Yoongi can't say no to the cute face. He takes a bite from the cupcake, surprised by the delicious taste of raspberry. Jimin's pout turns into a bright smile and they continue like that, Jimin feeding Yoongi while every once in a while grabbing something for himself.

*********************************

When they've eaten everything, Yoongi moves the basket aside and moves closer to the younger. He wraps an arm draped with the blanket around Jimin's shoulders and Jimin automatically leans against the older. They look at the sky as it turns dark with time and the quiet night traffic in the city below them.

As they sit there, all cuddled up together under their blankets, Yoongi thinks maybe he could commit to a person again after all this time. Maybe he could open his heart to one person, show his vulnerability and simply just enjoy the presence of someone who cares.

But only if that someone is Park Jimin.