Playing with Fire

P R O L O G U E

_________________________________

|Angelina|

Coming from a strict family household I wasn't allowed to do much even though I was a good girl. My parents didn't believe in letting me go out anywhere with friends or even staying home alone without the watchful eye of my older brother.

I never understood why.

Girls I were friends with had parents that would let them do almost anything and my parents wouldn't even let me be outside alone on my front porch. We didn't even live in a bad neighborhood with bad ass kids and thugs roaming the streets. So whatever their reasoning I will never know.

I hated how they treated me but let my brother Messiah do whatever he pleased. I often thought it was favoritism but at the same time, even though they were strict on me, I still got whatever the hell I wanted.

I always had the latest kicks, sometimes even before they came out to the general public. Latest fashionable designer clothes and jewelry. I never had to ask for anything. It was always given to me.

My father believed that his family only deserved the best and the best is only what we got. My father was very hardworking and driven. Not once did I see him ever complain about getting money. Everything he did was for his family. My mother never had to work because of him. He didn't feel a woman needed to work. He always said 'A woman cooked, cleaned, took care of the kids and her man.'

That's just what she did.

My mother and father always had that close bond that I wanted when I got older. Women always tried to flock their way into my dad's heart but my mom was the only one he wanted. No matter how hard these hoes wanted and threw themselves at him, he never left her side. It was the same way with men for my mother but she didn't gas them up either.

Boys were never allowed around me. My father wouldn't tolerate it and he never let me have guy friends. If I even thought about having a guy get close to me that was my ass. My daddy didn't tolerate bull shit. Still doesn't. He always said 'Boys are the devil. They only want one thing.' Just let a guy look my way and he wouldn't think twice about snapping their neck.

I always found it funny how overprotective my dad was when it came to me. Messiah was the same way. I guess it was only to have my best interest at hand for my future. But as I got older I got tired of it. I was tired of always being told what to do and what not to do. I wanted to be my own person, so what did I do?

Rebelled.

They thought I was just acting out just for attention but I didn't need attention. What I wanted was that fine ass boy I met behind their backs. He was everything to me.  Everything I always wanted that I could never have. But little did I know who he really was.

________________________________

Thoughts so far?

Comment/Vote

Share!