Chapter |5

|Angelina|

After my mom told me the news about her and my father getting a divorce I didn't know what to think. I couldn't possibly choose who I wanted to stay with because I felt either way it wouldn't be fair to them. Of course first instinct was to stay with my mom just because she wouldn't be up my ass like my dad. But then I would miss being away from him and vise versa.

I didn't understand why they couldn't work it out.

They've been married for seventeen years now so why stop what you've built after all these years? Even though they gave me a hard time I never thought this would ever happen to me. I'm torn. I don't know what to do.

I wonder how Messiah feels.

I got up from my bed and made my way to Messiah's room. I knocked twice before the door was pulled open. Messiah stood in the doorway shirtless with his phone in one hand. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Sup sis."

"Hey. I just wanted to talk to you for a minute."

He nodded. "Aight."

He moved away from the doorway to let me inside his room. I sat down on his bed and he joined me a few seconds later once he closed his room door.

"What's goin' on?"

I sighed. I didn't know where to start really. "You know mom and dad are getting a divorce right?"

Siah nodded. "Yea. I knew before they told me."

I frowned. How did he know?

"How did you know?"

Siah shrugged and leaned back onto his headboard. "Jus' could tell. They always seemed distant when they were here togetha. They put up a front like they were happy an' shit. But I knew that was jus' a bunch'a bull shit. This has been goin' on for awhile nah."

I sighed. I guess I never paid attention to the signs since I worried about what I couldn't do. I just wish this wasn't happening right now, like life was perfect. But that's never been the case.

"Well... Are you staying here or leaving with mom?" I asked curiously. Siah looked at me confused.

"What you mean?"

"Mom told me tonight that she would be leaving in a few days. She told me to decide if I wanted to stay here or come with her once she moved." I explained. Siah sucked his teeth.

"She's foul. Can't believe she ain't tell me shit." he fumed. He got up from his bed and started pacing the room. "So what you gon' do?" he asked, stopping in front of me.

"I don't know." I shrugged. Siah sighed.

"I really don't want you ta leave... But I feel like maybe you need to."

I furrowed my eeyebrows and looked up at him. "Why?"

"Cuz mane. Daddy ain't neva let you do shit and when momma leave, he really ain't gon' let you do shit." he chuckled.

"I know you gettin' older. I jus' don't want him to run ya whole life."

I played with my hands and let Siah's words sink in. He had a point but I didn't want to leave him. Me and my mother weren't close as we should be and the thought of me living with her made me kinda uncomfortable. I think I just needed to sleep on it.

"I'll think about it. I don't wanna leave you though." I said honestly. Siah chuckled.

"It's all good. Imma be gettin' my own crib soon so don't worry 'bout me."