Chapter |8

|Two weeks later...|

_________________________________________________

|Angelina|

Today was the day of my party and I was really trying my best to be happy about it. I honestly just wanted to do something simple but knowing how my mom is her ass wasn't gonna let that happen. I really didn't invite a lot of people, just a few that I had hung around in school. But knowing Malia she would invite extra people that weren't even invited. I even debated on if I should let Khalil come knowing that Siah would be here. I didn't wanna get my ass beat and he would have plenty of questions to ask Khalil and myself, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't invite him. Maybe he would just show up anyways.

"Lina you up?" I heard my mom call from the hallway. I walked out of my bathroom and opened my room door.

"Yea ma. Why?"

"I'm taking you to get your hair done." she smiled. I frowned, wondering why I needed to get my hair done when it was already done.

"My hair is done..."

"You always wear it curly. I want you to try something else." she replied, taking the ends of my hair and looking at it. I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Good. Be downstairs in five." she smiled, before walking off to her room.

I watched her walk down to her room before turning on the balls of my feet and walking back into my own room. I quickly put on my grey and black air maxes before grabbing my phone and shoulder bag. Closing my door behind me and walking down the stairs I waited for my mom so we could hurry up and get this over with.

|||

"Oh my god! Look at my baby!" my mom cooed. I smirked a little while looking at myself in the mirror.

I had gotten my hair partially dyed blone over the top half and let the back half stay dark brown. I really wasn't planning on dying it but my stylist insisted that I try something new especially for my age. I did like it though. it really complemented my caramel skin color.

"You like it?" I asked my mom, pulling my fingers through my now straight hair. She nodded.

"Yes. Makes you really look grown now." she laughed. I rolled my eyes. If anything I didn't want to look anymore older than I was. People already looked at me like I was a grown woman.

"Mm." was all I replied with.

My mother paid my stylist once I got up, then we walked out of the salon. I was about to walk to the car when my mom grabbed my arm.

"Come on. Here's the store where I got your dress." she smiled, pulling me to the boutique that was next door to the salon.

"What?" I asked confused. She laughed and pulled the glass door open without responding.

"Welcome to La Vida. How can I help you ladies today?" a white gay looking man asked. I decided to take a seat on one of the couches while my mom talked to his fruit loop ass.

"I'm here to pick up a dress. Under Lolita Pairez please."

"Oook. I see it here I'll go get that for you sweetie."

I watched the man switch his hips as he walked to the back and couldn't help but laugh. My mom gave me a look but I didn't care. I would never judge a person for being gay but he was just extra gay to the extreme.