Chapter |3

|Khalil|

After leavin' my boy Siah crib all I could think about was if Angelina would notice my number I sneaked and wrote down. I know I could've jus told her my number myself or got hers, but I didn't want Siah to suspect anything. He my boy and all but I know we would have some problems if he saw me 'tryin' to spit game to his lil sis. Truth be told all I wanna do is chill wit' shorty. Show her a good time.

Nothin' more. Nothin' less.

I was on my way back to my own crib when I realized a nigga ain't ate basically since this mornin'. I decided to swing by my favorite chinese spot Hong Phat. This place was in the middle of the ghetto where crack fiends and hoes be on the corner, but they had some bomb ass food. Once I reached the spot I parked and made sure to lock my doors behind me as I got out.

Makin' my way to the entrance I was stopped by someone tappin' my shoulder. I turned around and was met wit' a brown skinned hoe wit' long black weave. She was cute but she wasn't my type.

"Hey." she spoke, showin' off her dimples.

"What's up?" I replied, stuffin' my hands into my jean pockets. She looked me up and down and then back up to my face.

"You don't look to be from around this way... What's your name?"

I gave her my million dollar smile and licked my lips. "Daddy to you. But you can call me Wiz."

I wasn't bout to tell this hoe my real name. She giggled and flipped her weave outta her face.

"Hmm.. Wiz huh? That sounds sexy. I'm-"

"Not interested." I said, cuttin' her off and walkin' into the chinese spot.

I didn't care to look back to see her facial expression. I didn't have time for these hoes and wasn't gon' make time. I jus hope Lina put my number to use.

|Angelina|

All I could do was sit here and stare at Khalil's number that he gave me. I thought it was cute how he snuck and wrote it down without me knowing. I guess he's just good like that. I didn't know if I should go ahead and hit him up or just wait a few days. A guy never gave me their number before and it was already complicated as it is.

I wanted to call him or text him but what do I even say? He makes me nervous when I talk to him or if I'm around him in person. He seems like a cool guy and I don't know why Siah would say otherwise. I honestly don't wanna find out but I feel like once I really do get to know him, I'm gonna want to know everything about him.

I literally sat here and stared at his number for ten minutes straight, just trying to gather my thoughts. After a few more seconds I sat the paper down in my lap and decided to ask Lia what I should do.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on her name. She answered on the third ring.

"Hey booo!" she answered.

"Hey. What you doing?"

"Nothing. Trying to find something to do. I haven't heard from Quay all day today." Malia replied.

"Oh. He must be busy or something."

Malia laughed. "I doubt it. But I ain't sweating it. What you up to?"

"Sitting here thinking about something. But if I tell you-you have to promise me that you won't laugh."

"I can't promise... But I'll try." Malia replied. I sucked my teeth.

"Whatever. But ok... So I found out that Siah and Khalil are friends. We went to the mall, all three of us and we just went shopping. After we got back I go through my shopping bags and find Khalil's number on one of the receipts. What am I suppose to do?"