chapter 8: pairing by fate

yuuri's pov.

"will you do a pair skate with me?"

I pause to think bout it while Yuna is happily clapping from the other side of the rink.I skate over and help the kids onto the ice. Luna skates and falls but gets right back up again and zooms by. Yuna on the other hand is falling constantly but dose cute small twirls and lands flat on her bum. 

Victor helps her up. "well?"

I look around for something to take my mind off of the current question being asked. "can I think about it?"

Victor offers a sweet smile and nods. "of course"

I sigh in relief. Luna skates over and slides on her belly on the ice. Yuna is slowly skating backwards and has her knees bent and arms out for balance. "so shes a fan of skating?" I smile as I watch her. "ya but......she won't be able to hear the music". Victor sighs and Luna zooms around as Yuna is gliding softly and slowly. You really do see how different they are. Luna gets her energy from Victor and Yuna gets her attitude from me. I grab Yunas hand and help her around.

3rd person pov.

"Luna"

the small girl turns around to see Victor standing there. He was quite tall compared to her and I slightly hurt her neck looking up at the Russian. the small child tries to hold in her inner fan girl. shes never been this close to anyone since she went with her dad and una to get her death note signed by Justin Beiber. and yes...he did sign it.  she wasn't sure how long it would take to get use to him being her other dad.

"Ya?"

"do you like skating?"

"I do but just.....not figure skating. it looks fun but I'm not sure if all the bruises are worth it"

"what about another sport....maybe hockey?"

luna stops to think about it.

"I like speed skating. sure figure skating is fun and all but I like zooming around on the ice. and I'm 100% sure each and every bruise would be worth it"

victor smiles at her. he was so glad she had yuuri as a father. victor kinda envied her. His mother was abusive and a homophone while his dad was gay and happily married with 3 kids. victor, his brother Vinny and his sister Venasa. he wished his family was a little normal he doubted that it would ever happen. 

"Victor can we go for a walk?"

he looks over at yuuri holding Yuna. he looked like the perfect father. he really did love him but was so scared at showing it. he lost years of his and his children's life's that he can never get back. he gives a weak smile at them but  Yuuri sees right through it.

Yuuri's pov.

victor gives me a smile but it fades quickly. "lets go. we will get cold if we stay here". I nod and Yuna looks around at us with a questionable face. I smile and pet her head and she looks at me happy again. we walk into the ice cream shop and order our food.

"Luna are you sure that's not too much?"

"I am you daughter"

she walks around with a large Ice cream cone that's almost over flowing.

we walk to the park and finish eating. Luna is running around and Yuna is sitting happy in the sand pit. I sit next to victor and lean my head on him.

"There's a spring festival tonight...do you want to go"  

victor lights up and Luna scoffs a little. I lightly tap her shoulder and she looks at me with a semi angry face. 

"I'll be back"

I hold Luna's hand and bring her to the change rooms.

"What?"

"what do you mean what?!  you can't be giving him adittude he's your father"

"no he's not your my only parent.....you even said so!"

"Yuuri?"

I turn around and see victor looking at me. holding Yuna in his arm's. 

"hes not my dad, your my only father"

victor looks at us with a very hurt face but tries to smile. his fake smile fails and he turns around to stop his tears for showing.

"let's go home"

few hours later

when we make it home victor goes straight to my room considering he didn't have a room. I send Luna to her room and she takes Yuna with her. I walk in too see victor packing a bag.

"victor?"

he says nothing.

"victor?"

still nothing.

"please talk to me"

he sighs and looks at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they hated me that much"

"what do you mean?"

he holds my hand loosely and I look up at him. 

"the more i'm here the more they hate me. I was clearly gone for too long for them to accept me"

"victor, 4 years is not along enough time.....  12 is"

"well clearly they think other wise"

we stay silent for a little. victor yells some more and I can't do anything but sit and listen.

"I'm sorry"

"so am i yuuri but......clearly whatever you told the kids made a huge impact on me and how hey see or would have seen me as a parent"

I get him to shut up by grabbing his collar and bringing him to my height and kisses him. surprised by my actions he stands there  and holds onto my shoulders for balance. I pull back and he holds my head in place deepening the kiss.

I flush a bright red and close my eyes and hold onto his fore arms and we separate for air. we look at each other and Luna scoffs. Yuna looks at us then Luna then back at us.

"We are a family, nothing can or will change that"

I smile at victors words and lean my head on his shoulder. Luna holds my hand and we stay like this for a while. The short peace we had get interrupted by the loud growl of someones stomach. we all look at victor who's face is bright red from embarrassment.

"the tummy monster is angry!" 

we laugh and the girls giggle. we all head home after that to get dressed for the festival tonight.

A/N

the next chapter will be the last one I post for this story. my plan is to finish my current stories then start my new ones. I have almost 20 books that are not posted and that's because i'm gonna do a few stories at a time. I hope you liked the story

~stay gold~