Chapter Twelve

HEY EVERYONE

Sorry its been so long. Ive been crazy busy lately. like INSANELY. And when I do have free time, Ive lost a lot of inspiration haha

But I'm baaa-aaaack.

Anyway, I guess this is a bit of a cop-out but, I'm kind of just gonna wrap things up with this chapter.

I DO PLAN to start another Evgeni Malkin love story though.

__________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up in the morning, I turned my head to look at sleeping Geno. His head, however, wasn't on the pillow. He had wiggled down the bed and was whispering to my stomach. I could just barely feel his breath against my skin and I laughed.

"Did I wake up you?" he asked, looking apologetic.

"No," I whispered, running my hands through his hair. He kissed his way up my body until we were eye level. He looked into my eyes for a long time.

"I love to love you," he said, and kissed the spot between my eyebrows. I held on to him. We stayed in bed as long as we could before he had to leave. I went in to work late, not caring.

"Where were you?" Rochel asked as I plopped into my seat.

"Prioritizing." I responded.

"What?"

"I just wanted to spend the morning with Evgeni. Who cares? I'm never here anyway," I laughed. She rolled her eyes.

When I got home that evening, Geno had ordered in chinese food. We sat at the table together and he held my hand. It was hard to eat one handed, but I didn't mind.

"I think we should call Mama and tell tonight," Geno said. I froze.

"Really?" I asked. I was staring at my plate, imagining her response.

"What are you going to say?" I wondered. He shrugged. I looked up at him, i could tell he didnt share my concerns.

"I say 'Mama, we are going to have a baby!' Easy."

"Okay, you do it," I said. He passed me my fortune cookie and broke open his own. I ate my whole cookie before looking at the fortune. Geno passed me his and I burst out laughing.

"What?"

"You are going to share some good news." He laughed as well. My fortune said "Keep friends close and enemies closer." I rolled my eyes, I got that one three other times.

I listened to the phone ring and my heart pounded. It was on the counter, on speaker phone. Evgeni squeezed my shoulder.

"Evgeni! I can't believe you are calling me!" Natalia said, and I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Mama, We talk all the time!" he claimed.

"No, I call you all the time. That's okay, I know you're busy boy."

"Hi Natalia!" I said.

"Oh, Kira! I didn't realize you were there. Hi sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm good... Natalia, we have something to tell you," I said. I looked at Geno and he smiled reassuringly.

"Are you getting married!!!!!!?" she exclaimed. The excitement in her voice almost killed me.

"No, Mama," Evgeni sighed.

"Oh...." her dissappointment was plain.

"We are going to have a baby," he said. There was silence on the other end of the line. I looked at Geno, my eyebrows raised, and I bit my lip.

"Mama?" he said. "Are you there?"

"Oh... my... God." she whispered. Her voice sounded wet. She sniffed and I knew she was crying.

"Natalia, it's okay! Don't cry," I pleaded.

"This is wonderful! I am coming there and taking care of you!" She said, firmly.

"Oh no, no you're not!"

"Evgeni! I am your mother, this is my grandbaby!"

"Mama, she is barely even two months. We don't need help right now," Evgeni insisted.

"We will need you when the baby is born," I said.

"I can't wait for that!" Natalia sighed. I laughed.Geno grinned at me, and kissed my neck.

Things went smoother than planned. Not just with the baby, but with the rest of our lives.

That year, the Penguins were kicked out second round of the play offs. Our baby girl was born perfect and healthy on August 28th, and we named her Tila. Evgeni and I did eventually marry, and we had three more children; Alexei, Dunyasha and Faina. When he retired, he had been a Stanley Cup champion five times total. We moved back to Russia for a year, but the kids missed Pittsburgh. Eventually we settled back there.

Our kids all loved hockey, and Alexei talked often of playing for Pittsburgh.

Rochel met and married an Australian man named Peter. They never had children, giving up after Rochel had three misscarriages. She became a wonderful "Aunt" to my kids and they loved her like family.

And I guess you could say, we lived Happily Ever After.