Down Low - 8

Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Houston, TX

"Bey, you ready yet?" I heard Solange ask. I covered my lips with a lip liner and lipstick before looking at myself and getting the approval I needed.

"Yeah I'm ready."

Solange and I were heading out to finish last minute Christmas shopping. I honestly haven't started. Besides my parents, I have yet to buy anyone else anything but I guess I'll do all of that today.

Solange and I walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Shad, Brittany, and Alexis with all the kids. They were sitting at the table talking as the kids played until Solo and I came down.

"Where y'all going?" Shad asked.

"Out."

"Damn, no one else got an invite I see." Alexis mumbled but I heard that bitch loud and clear. I looked at Solange thinking she was going to say something but all she did was roll her eyes.

"Of course you weren't invited, why would you be?" I asked. Yup, I'm feeling pretty damn bold today. She's forever speaking under her breath like someone can't hear her so I might as well entertain her.

"Aren't we sisters?"

I chuckled, "Oh, so now we are sisters? Since when?"

"Beyoncé don't fucking play. But it's cool. Y'all go ahead. Have fun."

I nodded my head and picked up Corey to give him some kisses. I knew it would make her have a heart attack so that's why I did it. Soon as he was in my arms and I kissed him all over his face, making him laugh, she jumped up and snatched him away.

"Stop kissing on him! I don't know where your mouth been!"

"Nothing yet." I mumbled. Solange looked at me and shook her head before smiling.

"Girl, let's go."

The drive to the mall was a funny one. Solange and I found it funny how Alexis acted. It definitely wasn't normal and Solange sensed that.

"Do she even know who her baby daddy is?" I asked, "Why is he never around?"

"Girl, I heard he didn't want anything to do with her and her son. But that's what I heard. She won't tell anyone who's the daddy. He's never been around, so."

Solange shrugged and so did I. Whoever it was must have had a reason he didn't want to be around. Alexis was bitter and miserable. No one wants that. That's my sister and I do love her regardless, but she needs to get it together before I do it for her.

"Y'all don't have a clue?" I asked.

She shook her head, "She's always been hush hush about it. Mama even tried to get her to talk, but she wouldn't."

I nodded my head and changed the conversation. I didn't want to talk about her any longer. We were in the mall for about two hours just shopping. I had bought gifts for all of my siblings, including Alexis as well as my nieces and nephews. I cannot wait to see their faces when they get their gifts.

Before we could go back home, we sat down in the middle of the mall and ate at Chick Fil A. In the middle of eating, Solange was kind of taking weird glances at me.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked.

I have never wanted to throw up so badly before. Hearing the word pregnancy while I ate my food was the worst shit ever.

"Girl what? No! Why?"

She shrugged, "You've gained some pounds Bey and it just seems like you're eating for two."