Stay With Me - 9.

Thursday, December 22, 2016
Houston, TX

SZA's Love Galore blasted throughout my room as I did my makeup for tonight's outing with the usual crew. I wasn't in the best mood right now either but I was hoping this night out would cheer me up a little.

Chad and I had an argument earlier that didn't end too well. He claims I haven't been making time for him when I honestly feel like I have. I don't answer his calls when I'm with Jay, but any other time I do and that's usually frequently. We haven't talked since earlier this morning. It's been about 10 or so hours since then – the longest we've ever went without talking.

"Knock, knock." I heard. I looked at the door waiting on whomever to come in. I was surprised to see Nicki, Kelly, and our other childhood friend Tammy.

"Hey y'all." I greeted with a smile. It was the first time I have smiled all day. Makes it no better that my mom was irritating the fuck out of me and so was my niece and nephews. These kids couldn't stop running in the house for nothing in this world. Their loud asses had woken me out of my sleep twice today.

"Awe, Bey! You look so good. I wish I had an ass like that." Kelly complimented. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Y'all look great too. Where are we even going?"

"A comedy show with the guys and afterwards they wanted to just hang out."

I nodded my head and slid my heels on while looking at myself in the full body mirror.

Even though I looked good, I surely didn't feel like it. Hopefully this comedy show be actual comedy and not some bullshit.

We made it to the club it was held in and went right in. Our tickets were already paid for so we didn't have to wait in line. It was already five minutes after the starting time so standing in that long ass line was dead anyways.

"There they are." Nicki pointed out. I looked in the direction she pointed and saw the guys sitting down in a round booth. It was an empty one next to theirs so we took that one. I said hi to everyone, trying my best to avoid Jay.

We haven't talked since last night and I could definitely say I was pretty hurt by that. He really didn't want to talk to me anymore, at least that was the vibe I was getting.

The comedy show started and Tiffany Haddish was the opening act. We were all dying laughing at her jokes. She was hilarious in Girls Trip but she's even funnier without a script.

Every once in a while I would take quick glances at Jay but he seemed too focused on the show to even notice me. He seemed to be having a good time so I just needed to get out of my feelings and do the same.

After two full hours of laughing and crying, the show was finally over. I was pretty tipsy as well. The bartender kept bringing shots to our table and out of twenty of those shots, I had about ten.