Author's Note - Beginning

Hello! 

If the cover, the title and description of this book made you think that this book will be a lame teen drama with a cheesy love story and absolutely no action, then you're completely wrong. (About the action part, at least. The love story is kind of cheesy, but isn't that what we all enjoy sometimes?) 

Seriously though, this book will deal with some quite triggering topics like terrorism, self-harm, depression, severe anxiety, panic attacks, violence, drug abuse and rape. There will be some excessive swearing as well. If you're not confortable with any of these topics, please do not carry on reading

Also, this story is set in Paris, France. Since I'm actually French and live in Paris, I wanted to make the story as authentic as possible. So, yes, I will be using French vocabulary and real places in Paris. Since that might be confusing for some of you, here's a little translation of the words I used: 

collège: grades 6-9, kind of like the American middle school (do not confuse with the American word "college"!) 

lycée: grades 10-12, kind of like high school 

the "number"ème: I'm talking about the arrondissements in Paris, meaning the different neighborhoods. For example: I live in the 16ième. 

première: 11th grade

troisième: 9th grade

seconde: 10th grade 

As I've said before, all of the places I mention in the story are real! You can look them up if you want to. 

Also, I'm European. Meaning that I'll use meter, celsius, etc. in my story. If  you live in one of the three countries of the world that decided to be extra and to not use these units, that's not my problem. You can go convert the values yourself. :) 

And lastly, please take note that English is not my first language. My friend Kim, who's a Native Speaker (IF YOU SEE THIS KIM, THANK YOU) corrected the whole book, but there might still be some mistakes she's missed. Please tell me nicely about them. There's no need to be rude. 

I hope you like my book. As every Wattpad author ever, I love active readers! Nothing makes me happier than a vote or a comment. 

Have fun reading, and I'll see you at the AN of the end of the book. 

Eva x