Chapter 11- The Spring Ball

only two chapters to go. enjoy.

It's Saturday night, and I'm standing in front of my apartment, waiting for Sam to pick me up. My heart is beating rapidly. Will he like my dress? How will he look? He has to look so hot in a suit. Then again, Sam could even look hot in a garbage bag.

And there he is, standing in front of me. He's wearing a simple, but well-fitted suit with a dark green tie, matching my dress – and his eyes of course.

"Hey", he softly says, smiling at me. Then his eyes glide over my body, and he raises his eyebrows. "You look amazing."

I'm wearing a dark green, off-the shoulders dress that goes to my knees. I matched it with pumps and even dared to apply some red lipstick, Lisa-style.

I take a step closer to him. "Well, you look hot."

As soon as I've said that, I blush at my own choice of words. I would have been too shy to say something like that a couple of weeks ago.

He seems surprised as well, because he raises his eyebrows again – which makes him look even hotter- and chuckles before resting his hand on my lower back. "You know, I've been thinking, when we come home from the ball tonight... it will be kind of late. Why don't you just stay over at my place?"

The logical part of my brain knows that what he just said made absolutely no sense, however I tell that part to shut up. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. You'll be finally able to see my room..."

We both know he's not really talking about his room here, so I just answer, grinning: "That sounds like fun."

Sam opens his mouth, but before he can say anything, he is interrupted by his lovely sister who has just appeared behind us. "Well, aren't you two cute!"

Her brother abruptly turns around, mumbling "The ultimate cockblocker." to himself before glaring at his sister – and a boy our age, standing next to her, in a suit, hands in his pockets. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Maja smiles innocently at him. "Roxane invited us."

Sam turns back around to me. "You did?" he asks, in disbelief.

I shoot Maja a look of reproach. "Well, I wouldn't exactly phrase it like that. But yeah, Maja and her date Ben are going to take the uber with us."

"Ok. Why?" Sam crosses his arms at me.

"Because they're broke," I say, pleading Maja for help with my eyes.

"Yes," she jumps in. "We're both broke. And I promise I'll owe you big time after this. Please, big bro?"

Sam sighs. "Fine, fine."

While we wait for the uber, I take Sam to the side.

"Sam, remember what you told me about sexism and stuff?"

"That it disgusts me?"

"Yeah. Remember, being overprotective over Maja because she's a female is also sexist."

"I'm not overprotective over Maja because she's a female. I'm overprotective because-"

I shoot him a doubtful look, and he sighs. "Ok, you're right, it's totally because she's a girl."

"See? Keep that in mind while we're in the car."

When the uber arrives, Sam says to Maja: "Go sit in the front."

"What?" she protests. "But that's so boring!"

"Or else you're not going to sit at all and find another way to get to the school", Sam tells her with an icy smile.