t w o

The hot Arizona weather contrasted with the fall decoration around town. Thanks to the hot weather, the people of Arizona never knew what a cold fall or winter, whereas I do.

I️ was born in the northern state of Wisconsin, but with my mother's moving job and eager yearn to be able to see her family again, we moved to Arizona shortly after I turned 9.

I lived in the heart of Phoenix, the capital of this dreadful state, and although it was October, it remained hot.

"Tyler dear, you ready?" My mother shouted at me from the bottom of the stairs.

I️ tugged at my collar and groaned, "Yea be down in a sec."

I️ threw on my black converse, a statement to my formal-ish attire. Tonight was my grandpa's birthday. Since most of the family lived in Phoenix, we decided to all go to a nice dinner to celebrate with him.

Attending it was my mom, Dad, myself, my uncle, my aunt, and my two cousins. My grandma passed away a few years back.

"Tyler! Come on, we will be late!" Her voice echoes through my skull, helping me zone back into reality.

"I'm coming!"

My feet thumped with each step I took down the steps. I️ faced my parents. My mom was wearing a blue dress, that matched her eye color, that fell at her knees. It contrasted with my dad who wore a black button down and nice pants, like me. However, he paired it with a blue tie (my grandpa's favorite color).

"Finally, now come on we will be late!" My mom ushered us out the door.

• • •

"Happy birthday dear grandpa, happy birthday to you!" The entire table and crowd gathered around it sang.

A smile played its way onto my grandpa's face as he blew out the candles that read '79' on the vanilla cake.

Cheers and claps were heard all around the room.

"What did you wish for grandpa?" My little sister, Marianne, pondered.

"For a thousand more of these days," he said with a toothy grin, "Now come on, I️ can't eat this cake all by myself!"

I️ watched as everyone passed around plates full of cake to each other. Everyone had big smiles plastered on their faces, almost to a point that it seemed unreal.

When a plate of cake reached to me, I️ felt sick. Something didn't feel right tonight. It was almost eerie, however no one seemed to notice.

I️ excused myself from the table and rushed to the men's restroom. There, it seemed quieter and relaxing. Except for the few flushes coming from the toilets and urinals. However, I couldn't stay in here all night, so after a bit of time I️ left the restroom and went back to my family's table. When I️ arrived, the mood was different, and I️ noticed two extra seats filled with two people I️ have never seen in my life.

"Who are these people, Mom?" I️ asked and sat down.

A tear rolled down her face, "These people are here to tell you something I️ should've told you when you were born," she put her hands on my shoulder.

I️ gave her a suspicious look, but then tore my glance away to look at the mysterious women sitting by my grandpa.

"Hello Tyler, my name is Orion. You probably don't know or remember me, but-"

"Cut to the chase please."

"Oh sorry," she smoothed out her pants, "Tyler, you aren't human."

"What do you mean I'm not human?"

"What I️ mean is that you have special powers that were given to you before you were born."

"So a superhero?"

"Well sort of," she paused to take a sip of her drink.

"Sort of?"

"Tyler, you are one of the 12 Zodiacs. Number 2, may I️ add, otherwise known as Taurus."

Shock creeped its way into my face and body.

Me? A zodiac?

"Now I️ know it's sudden, but we need you to help save the galaxies. We already have one, Aries, but if you join us you will save the galaxies and potentially Earth, if it reaches here. I️ beg of you to please help the world."

I️ sighed and looked at my family. Each of their faces are saddened with guilt (for not telling me) and with a new emotion I️ haven't seen in a long time.

Hope

It seemed that they wanted me to go and fulfill my "destiny." However, I️ was scared. I️ have no idea what it meant to be a 'Zodiac' or to leave my family. I️ don't want to leave my friends, but a part of me is telling me to go for it.

"Sure why not?" I️ smiled.

• • •

So here is a NEW PART

I️ have been so inspired to write but haven't had the motivation to write, so I decided to go for it and see what happens you know

So here you go

I️ don't have anything else to really say so IM GONNA GO

I️ LOVE YOU ALL

AND PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT PART

GOOD BYE