t e n

HEY GUYS

IM BACK WITH ANOTHER PART!

So I️ saw that my book has reached over 100 reads and I️ just want to say thank you for that!!!

I️ love writing this story, so seeing your support really means the world to me :)

Now I️ only have two other people and I️ have written one already, so I'm going to let you read this so I️ can finish the last one!

ENJOY

• • •

"Colton, dude, you need to stop studying and have fun for once!" My roommate, Gavin, called out to me.

"I️ can't, I️ have this huge test tomorrow that I️ have to study for or I️ fail."

"You Americans and their boring tendencies."

I️ rolled my eyes, "Fine I'm going out with Jonah tonight."

"Don't get too drunk."

"No promises," Gavin gave me finger guns as he walked out of our shared apartment.

It was a cold October night in Manchester, England. I️ was studying abroad after graduating a year early. Originally, I️ am from Massachusetts, USA, but I️ have been living in England for the last year.

My parents were proud of me for getting a full scholarship for college, and so I️ decided to use it to my advantage to study abroad. It was a difficult transition from the beginning, but I've gotten used to it now.

My friend Gavin, however, is from the UK and hasn't had a difficult transition from secondary school to university. Unlike me, he enjoys drinking his heart out until he gets too sick to go to classes. If his parents knew his actions, they would probably stop paying for his college, that's why I️ was sworn to secrecy. However, I️ believe his parents already know.

Anyways, after Gavin left a large rumble grew in my stomach. I️ tried to ignore it and finish studying, but soon it was impossible to ignore. I️ groaned and placed my book on the other side of the couch, then getting up to go prepare a meal.

The one thing other than the landmarks I️ loved in England is their food. I️ never thought that I️ would be the one to enjoy the different foods, but the difference in items they use and the dishes are really good.

My favorite had to be Camembert. Although it isn't exactly a full meal, I️ always would fill up on it. So that's what I️ made tonight, but when I️ went in the fridge to go and get one, there was none.

"Thanks Gavin," I️ muttered to myself as I️ grabbed my coat and put it on.

• • •

The streets were almost empty, as it was nearing 7 PM and people were at home with their families. Only a few people wondered on the streets, which made it easy to get to the grocery store.

Once I️ arrived there, my basket began to fill up with other necessary items that the apartment needed. I️ paid for everything and began to walk my way back home.

When I️ arrived home, it was past 8 PM, and Gavin still was not home. To enjoy the peace and quiet for awhile, I️ made myself dinner and turned on the tv.

"Some debris has been spotted in some places in the world," I️ overhead the person on the tv say.

"The meteorologists have theorized that the debris is coming from broken matter in space that is falling onto Earth."