t w e n t y

l a n a / l i b r a

At breakfast time, everyone was rushed to eat at the announcement for the next step in our training. Because of that, I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted to and had to waste half of a piece of toast and my cereal.

The say the least, I was pissed off and that wasn't the best way to start my morning.

We all piled into the training room and listened to Orion's instructions. We were going to be put in a simulation for our powers to reveal themselves. However, we were going to be assigned a partner and have to work with them to get out of the simulation and gain our power.

"Lana you will be partnered with Tyler," I looked over and gave my partner a small smile.

He strode over and stood next to me, awaiting further directions.

Karina came by them and put on our headpieces that would stimulate our vitals during the simulation and then walked off to stand by Orion.

"Your simulation will begin now," Orion started as she started to press random buttons on her launchpad.

She began to notice the invisible panels start to change the grey walls of the training room into a grassy area. She blinked her eyes a couple of times, and shut them completely once she felt the blazing sun begin to burn them.

She stretched her hand to my face and attempted to block it out as she looked at her surroundings.

"Damn it's hot," Tyler spoke. "Who would've known."

"Where are we?" She spoke doing a 360 rotation around herself.

Tyler put his hands on his hips and made a 'tsk' noise, "Well, based on the yellow grass and lack of trees I want to say it's some sort of dry area, but I don't know the name of it."

She glanced at the background and saw that this terrain extended for, what seemed to be, miles; Tyler was correct, it was blazing hot.

"It may be a savannah. You know, the biomes in — mostly — Africa?" She turned to look at Tyler who has squinted one eye shut from the bright sun.

"Like the one in the Lion King?"

She facepalmed, "Of course you would think that."

"Am I wrong?"

Shaking her head, Lana looked away from him, "I guess not."

He smiled, "Shall we explore?"

• • •

"So, you and Penny?" Lana said as the sun started to disappear.

Tyler looked down and smiled, "What about her?"

"Nothing, just asking about you two. You seem really happy together."

"We are," he looked up at the sky. "She really is perfect for me. Really keeps me sane sometimes."

"That's good."

He nodded and looked at her, "Why were you asking?"

She shrugged, "No reason; just wanting to start a conversation."

"So you thought of my relationship?" He teased.

She rolled my eyes, "It was first thing to pop in my head. I mean, you are the first one to officially be a couple in the Zodiac in how many years."

"That's true."

It went quiet for a minute.

"Do you think she is the one?" She asked him.