s e v e n t e e n

the picture above is how Hera looks like

(drawing by itslopez on instagram)

• • •

l a n a / l i b r a

It had been two days since the attack, and like Orion had announced, we had to find our powers. I was lucky to have found mine the next morning, however some others were not.

The day after the attack, I had received the power known as 'Wind Generation,' which meant that I could create anything wind-like (tornados, wind, weather sometimes). It was pretty cool.

"Ugh," Penny groaned and laid back on the couch.

"I agree," I replied and did the same on the opposite side. "Why are you 'ugh' right now?"

She shrugged, "I've been trying to help Cameron obtain his first power, he had been struggling, but I couldn't seem to help him."

"Have you tried telling him what you did to get yours?"

She nodded her head, "Yup, I told him to concentrate and maybe something would happen." She then formed a small ball of water with her hands (her power was Substabciakinesis). "But morning is working so I'm about to give up."

I hummed in agreement, "Is he the last one to find his power?" I asked her.

She sighed in relief, "Thank god no, if he was he would freak out."

"Then who is left?"

"Well other than Cameron, I know that Colton and Shane still have to find their powers."

"Are they working on them now?"

"Yup, Orion has been giving them hardcore training to try and awaken their power. I'm thinking they are special or something, thats why they haven't gotten their power."

"Interesting."

"It really is," She said and pulled out her phone.

I laid in the same spot until I received a text on my phone. I picked it up off my chest and saw that it was from Silas.

Hey come and meet me in the library—and bring someone who is good with understanding books, ASAP!

I made a suspicious look and typed back.

Okay?

No questions, just get here quick!

Fine, I'm on my way. Who do you want me to get?"

How about Colton, he is pretty good with books

Hmm that's not going to work, Orion is training him so he can get his power

Then choose another Earth element, I hear they're great with books, no come on we don't have all day!

I rolled my eyes and got up from my spot. Penny didn't seem to notice, as she was glued to her phone, so I snuck out and went to find an Earth element.

When I made it to that hallway I had a decision to make. I either choose Tyler or Vera. In my heart, I wanted to choose Tyler, since he would make it fun, but I knew that Vera would be able to analyze the books. So I sighed and took my gut feeling and knocked on her door. Within seconds, she answered it.

She looked surprised, "Oh, hi Lana. What's up?"

I rubbed my arm, "Uh Silas asked me to go to the library, and he needs someone to help analyze a book."