9

(This be a filler chap 🤷🏽‍♀️)

At about 3am, the two are still awake. They're laid beside each other, talking about chapstick flavors and the end of the world.

"If the world ended right now, I think I'd be okay with that," Ivy hums, her bright eyes staring up to the ceiling above them. Richie turns his head to look at her.

His eyes scan the features on her faces," Why did you like me?"

A blush swoops the girls cheeks.

Then, she remembers she has to be strong. All she really wants, is for the boy to be happy. If he thinks he'll be happy with Janice Baylor, then fine.

"The right attention from the wrong individual during a lonely time can fool you into thinking they might be the one..."

Richie frowns.

What if he was the one? Why couldn't he be?

Oh, yeah.

Because Janice Baylor. He's supposed to be the one for Janice Baylor.

"Do you– BE HONEST– do you still like me?" He asks, still facing her. She's still has her eyes glued to the ceiling. For some reason, he desperately needs to know the answer. All jokes aside.

"It's complicated."

That's all she says. Richie stares at her with confusions.

"What does that even mean?"

"I can't explain what I mean. And even if I could, I'm not sure I feel like it." She sighs, fluttering her eyes closed. "In short though, yes, I still very much like you."

His heart throbs in relief.

Hers does too.

"Are you going to the festival dance this weekend?" Richie wonder out loud.

"Yeah."

He sits up quickly, staring at her with disbelief.

"What?! With who?!"

Ivy laughs.

"With Eddie!"

"Eddie? Our Eddie? Kaspbrak? With the fat mom?"

Ivy laughs quietly and punches his arm. "Would you stop talking about his mom already?! We had a deal!"

"Hey! It's not my fault. The only thing stopping her from always being at McDonald's is the door," He snorts, implying that she was too fat to fit through.

Ivy rolls her eyes, and she pulls Richie to lay back down.

"Well, I'm going with him since no one else bothered to ask. Plus, it'll be as friends. Nothing more or less," She insists.

Richie doesn't feel all too comfortable with it, but he lays back anyway. He watches as her eyes drift shut. This time, she was sure to be asleep. So, without thinking twice, he leans over and does the unthinkable.

He kisses her cheek.

Then, he gets comfortable on his own side, and falls asleep.