20

"Since when does Janice Baylor like us?" Ivy scoffs, standing beside Stan.

Today, the losers had gone out for ice cream, deciding to try discussing the whole clown dilemma some more. Upon getting to the little shop however, they had been stopped by Janice Baylor.

They all were extremely confused to say the least. Her popularity status is far out of any of their range, and to Ivy, she was the equivalent of Henry Bowers. Since 1st grade, Janice had made it her meaning in life to torture Ivy Lee Okonma. For about a year though, her hatred had died down, and Ivy hasn't really had to face her.

Yet, here she was, swimming back into her life.

Richie is practically gushing at the popular girls existence, soaking up as much of Janice's attention as he can get. It's like Ivy's not even there anymore.

That hurts.

Stan frowns and shrugs at the girl's previous question. "Since she wanted Richie to buy her an ice cream, I guess." He gestures towards the ice cream in her hand, which indeed Richie had paid for.

Ivy seethes at the girl.

Richie doesn't see anything wrong with his actions. He doesn't even realize how flirtatious he's coming off as.

Janice is being sickly sweet to him, and making sure to throw as many glares to Ivy as possible. Richie feels a bit of excitement as a thought crosses his mind:

Does Janice finally like the trash mouth?

He's been obsessed with idea of being with her for so long, that he'd do anything to fulfill the dream. He might even consider leaving Ivy. Which, he knows is terrible. Yet, he can't help himself. Janice could be his outlet to the finer things in life. She could sweep him out of his miserable home life, and show him what it's like to have a perfect family. A perfect life.

Stan guilty watches as Ivy clenches Novocane's leash tightly.

"He's just being himself..." He assures, "..Richie likes you, he just doesn't think before he does."

Although he says that, he isn't so sure himself what Richie's motives are at this point. Ivy nods lightly at his words, deciding not to think too far into everything. She decides to simply tell him she doesn't appreciate how flirty he's being.

"R-Richie, uh, do you think I could talk to you?"

"Uh—" He opens his mouth to reply, but doesn't get past the first words.

"–He's busy. Talking to me, clearly. Don't be rude, Okonma." Janice cuts in, throwing Ivy a demeaning look. Bev is just about ready to sock the girl in the jaw, and Bill swallows the lump in his throat as he watches Ivy's intense stare.

Eddie is already taking hits off his inhaler as anxiety consumes him. He did not favor Ivy's expression.

Richie doesn't even notice how his girlfriend's fuming. All he notices is that Janice wants to talk to him. So, he sides with her.

"You can just tell me later, can't you?" He hums, staring longingly at Janice. Janice smiles sweetly at Richie as he takes her side. Ivy on the other hand, scoffs at his rudeness. She kinda wants to cry.

Stan's eyes widen as he watches the girl turn and storm out of the shop angrily.

"What's got her panties a twist?" Richie jokes, only to have Janice laugh. The losers glares at him. "Richie, I knew you were stupid, but are you FUCKING RETARDED?!" Eddie growls, making angry hand gestures.

"Calm down, Eddie Spaghetti, I didn't even do anything!"

Mike attempts to calm the asthmatic boy down.

"That's the point, you asshole!" Stan cuts in, "you didn't do anything!"

Ivy pulls Novocane along with her as angry tears stroll down her cheeks. Her feet take her towards the drop off, a place she's use to going to cry.

Back at the shop, Richie finally sighs deeply and stands up. As he goes to follow the girl, Janice stands quickly, grabbing onto his hand. A blush swoops his face as he stops walking and turns to her.

"Don't go after her!" She insists, "...why don't you just ditch these losers, and come with me?"

Richie looks back and forth between her and his friends disapproving looks. Bill has faith that Richie will choose them over her. It's bro code. However, Bill is sadly mistaken. Richie grins at the girl and nods, and the losers watch dumbfounded as the leave the shop laughing.

"What the hell just happened?" Bev utters, pissed.

Mike frowns deeply, feeling his newly found friendships falling apart.

"I-I can't believe...—I can't believe Richie just left us like that!" Eddie chokes out, disappointment written all over his face. They all stand around for a few minutes in shock before Stan speaks up.

"W-We should go find Ivy..."

Everyone nods in agreement, composing themselves before leaving the little ice cream shop. As they begin their search for Ivy, they all secretly hide the betrayal they feel in their hearts.

Richie Tozier chose Janice Baylor over all of them.