16

After many terrible group dances, and some really cheesy slow dances, the losers were about ready to go home.

It's ten till 12am.

"So, I'll see you guys tomorrow?" Mike questions, looking between the group.

Everyone nods, deeming him a goodbye as he walks off. Next Bill leaves. Then Bev, then Ben, then Stan, then Eddie.

Leaving Richie and Ivy alone.

Novocane practically rolls her little doggy eyes at the two.

"Think I can sleepover again?" Richie questions, stuffing his hands in his pockets shyly.

Ivy nods, linking arms with him and walking towards the house.

The stars shine beautifully in the sky, perfectly reflecting the natural glow on her skin. The street is silent, except for the quiet sound of leaves rustling. Rain is sure to pour down soon. Richie keeps glancing at the girl, which doesn't go unnoticed.

Finally, she stops walking and turns to him questioningly.

"Okay, you've been acting weird all night, Tozier. What's up? Something with Janice happen?" Ivy inquires, crossing her arms and looking up at him expectantly.

He blushes, not realizing she noticed his strange actions. "Uh...."

"You can tell me." The girl assures.

He nods slowly, trying to think of the correct words to say. His mouth is dry though, and despite his talkative personality, he can't get a single word out.

"...Richie?" Ivy whispers softly, beginning to worry for the boy.

His body moves quicker than his mind, and he pulls her face close to his. She stares at him with wide eyes, blushing as he clashes his lips with hers. His eyes flutter closed, and hers does too.

Slowly, she moves her arms around his neck, and he moves his hands to her waist

Their kiss lasts for a few minutes at most, before Ivy pulls back with a rapid heart beat. Richie grins from ear to ear. Without thinking, he brings her chin back to him, kissing her lips over and over again.

She laughs at his enthusiasm, gladly returning his kisses.

They would've stay out there much longer, if it wasn't for the rain that begins pouring down. Ivy lets out a squeal before taking Richie's hand and dragging him towards her house.

As they get there, they quickly rush into the house, Novocane barking as thunder loudly sounds behind them.

As they close the door, they relax their heart beat. Which doesn't last long, because when they look up, they're met with the sight of Mr. And Mrs. Okonma. Richie's breath hitches, and he stills with panic. Ivy blinks slowly, attempting to utter a sentence.

"¿Quién es éste?" Clyde demands, crossing his arms and attempting to look tough.

Translation: who is this?

It doesn't work for Ivy, she rolls her eyes. But Richie's shaking his shoes.

"¡Deja de ser tan grosero!" Tammy says with a grin, slapping Clyde's arm. The man pouts a little.

Translation: stop being so rude!

"I'm not being rude! She's the rude one, bringing a guest without at least warning us!" The man defends, gesturing towards Ivy.

Ivy huffs at his dramatic-ness. Richie blinks in shock.

Weren't they supposed to be mean? Weren't the gonna beat her? Like the first time he saw them?

Richie really wishes he would've listened in Spanish class.

It's true, Clyde and Tammy often fought. However, they weren't always terrible parents. They actually attempted to give their daughter a proper life, offering her affection every once in a while. Which Ivy appreciates.

"¿El es tu novio?" Tammy inquires with a large grin. Ivy goes to deny it but is cut off by Clyde. "It is only proper if he is, otherwise, his presence here is unwanted."

Translation: is he your boyfriend?

"Oh, back off!" Ivy laughs, "he's welcome here whenever. And...to answer your question, I don't really know yet. I think so, though."

Tammy grins and Clyde frowns deeply. "Fine. He can stay, so long as you behave yourselves!"

Ivy giggles and guides Richie past her parents and upstairs.

"No promises!" She shouts.

"What just happened?" Richie asks dumbfounded.

Ivy giggles.

"Basically, my dad tried to act all tough. Then, my mom asked if we were dating. Then, they said you could stay." She shrugs, not really going into depth.

Richie blushes a little. "O-Oh, so then...what did you tell them?"

"I spoke all English, Richie." Ivy laughs, "you understood everything I responded."

"Oh...so– uh....then, are you my girlfriend yet?" He questions.

Ivy blushes and walks into her room, closing the door behind him. "Are you asking me to be?"

"...well, you've got a nice set of tits so—"

"Richie!"

He snorts a little, holding his hands up in defense.

"Well, you do!"

"You totally killed the mood." She groans, flopping onto her bed.

Richie flops next to her. They lay their for a little, before he reaches down and enlaces their hands.

"I'm sorry I'm such an asshole. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks quietly, still staring at the ceiling.

Ivy smiles, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

"Yes. And you're an asshole, yeah, but it's more about the fact that you always act on impulse."

Richie smirks.

"I can't help my manly urges, babe!"

"You're so gross." Ivy groans, rolling away from him while he laughs.