14

She's beautiful.

Bev can't help but repeat the phrase in her mind as she stares at Ivy. She had to admit, she looked pretty good as well.

Ivy grins, hugging Novocane tightly and kissing the dogs head.

On the dresser behind her sits a picture of the two, and Bev can't help but notice the similarities from their expression now to then.

(Ivy doesn't necessarily have to look like that, the photo is just a reference!)

The sound of the doorbell causes the girls to flee down the stairs and to the door. "Wait!" Bev calls, stopping Ivy from opening the door. Ivy looks at her questioningly.

"Let me answer it."

Ivy laughs a little, and moves back. Bev moves forward, reaching to the doorknob and twisting it open. There stands Eddie, with a nice button up shirt and some black jeans. Bev giggles at the look of surprise he gives at the sight of her.

"Uh– h-hi Bev, is Ivy here?" He asks.

Bev nods her head, opening the door a bit more to reveal the girl.

"Woah..." the boy breathes out, staring with his mouth agape.

Ivy laughs and walks towards him. "We going or what?" She hums.

Eddie, still awe struck, follows closely behind her. "Jeez, why do you look all pretty? Finally plan to win Richie's heart?"

If he's honest, the whole reason he asked Ivy to be his date is because he wants Richie to own up to his obvious crush.

"Yes." Bev answers for Ivy.

Ivy gasps and smacks her shoulder. "No!"

Eddie laughs and rolls his eyes, walking between the girls down the pavement.

"Well, we're meeting everyone else there." He clarifies.

Novocane barks and trots along beside Ivy. Even the dog had dressed up a little, wearing a flower crown around her somewhat pointed ears. Ivy smiles at her dogs excitement. The smiles are contagious between the three, and by the time they arrive, they're all smiling like fools.

(Feel free to play the song now, hopefully the scene will Time up correctly!!)

The first thing they see is Richie desperately trying to flirt with Janice Baylor, who in turn keeps rolling her eyes and chugging her punch.

Then, their eyes shift to the rest of the losers group, who haven't noticed them.

Bill sees them first, his cup of punch accidentally sliding from his hand to the ground. His mouth is in the shape of an 'o' as he stares wide eyed at the girls.

Once the other losers turn their attention, they have similar reactions.

Richie still hasn't noticed.

Janice, finally becomes annoyed to her full capacity.

"Richard, I do NOT, and will NOT, ever like you. Do you understand that?"

"C'mon, just give me a chance—"

Yet, the girl storms away, joining the football players little group. She immediately throws them flirty smiles, and they all turn to snicker at Richie.

Richie huffs, and turns back to his friends.

His whole world slows down when he see's Ivy, and the song, More Than a Woman, playing around him engulfs his eyes.

"More than a woman, more than a woman to me..."

Woah

Suddenly, he regrets all the chances he could've had at being with her. Even the football players are staring, causing Janice to huff and cross her arms.

There was no denying it, Ivy Lee Okonma is far more developed than most of the girls her age.

She was already beautiful, sure, but tonight she really out did herself. Enough to push Richie over the edge.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Richie begins to walk towards the losers and Ivy. He didn't even know what to say at this point. Maybe he should compliment her? Yeah. He definitely should.

So, as he gets to the girl, he clears his throat a little, drawing their attention.

"I-uh....I-I like your dogs flower crown.." he stutters out.

Eddie face palms and Bill holds in a laugh. Bev throws her head back in a sigh while Stan stares amused. Mike down right laughs, and Ben does too. Ivy holds the bridge of her nose.

"I expect nothing and I'm still let down," She mutters, while Mike cracks up.

Novocane barks.

Richie rolls his eyes before nervously glancing around. Finally, everyone sits around a table.

He waits till the attention is off them, before leaning in (far too close) and whispering, "you look beautiful..." to Ivy.

She only blushes in response, shooting him a small smile.

He's probably just being nice.

She reminds herself.

Richie though, he can't take his eyes off her. She was always beautiful, yeah, but it's like suddenly he couldn't deny his feelings for her.

I DO NOT HAVE FEELINGS FOR IVY OKONMA

He shouts at himself, trying to distract himself with something else. Anything else. Yet, the song still rings in his mind.

"More than a woman, more than a woman to me..."