A New Love Rival?

Part 3: Chapter 21

"(NICKNAME)-CHAN!!"

You winced as Michiko's scream echoed throughout the class. You readied yourself as Michiko came running towards you at full force, her arms outstretched - ready to embrace you.

How she manages not to trip over all the tables and chairs present you'll never know.

"I miss you so much! You've no idea how lonely I was during the summer holiday!" Michiko sobbed, being the drama queen that she was.

You let out a sigh as you patted her back, saying. "We just saw each other yesterday, Mi-chan. Stop being so melodramatic."

Michiko let out a gasp as she stumbled backwards, clutching her heart as though you've wounded her. "I can't believe you said that. I thought we were best friends! Waaa! You've broken my heart! I hate you, (full name)!"

With that, Michiko ran out of the classroom - her cries echoing down the hallway. You simply rolled your eyes as you made your way to your seat. You greeted your classmates with a smile, happy to back in school after the long summer break. Sure, it was fun while it lasted. However, you always have the most fun in school - surrounded by your friends.

"You're such a bad friend, Munchkin. If this is how you're gonna keep treating your friends, you're gonna become lonely."

Your brows twitched in annoyance at the familiar voice, turning around to face Tsukishima who was reading. You slammed the book down, causing the blonde to glare at you. "Says the one who only has one friend. Besides, Mi-chan is just being dramatic. Once she gets bored, she'll come right back and annoy the hell out of me."

"I'm amazed that she hasn't left you yet with the way how you treat her." Tsukishima gave you a smirk which left you boiling in anger.

Suddenly, an idea popped into your mind. You took a deep breath to calm down before looking at Tsukishima with a shy look, your cheeks a rosy pink. "That's not true, I have the volleyball team who have become close friends of mine. Even if everyone I know abandons me, I'll still have you by my side until the end. After all, you promise me."

The blond eyes widened in surprise, completely taken aback by your words. Tsukishima felt his heart racing as butterflies fluttered in his stomach. The way how you looked now brought him back to the night of the festival - the promise that the two of you made that will last forever.

I'm glad that you wished the same thing as I did. So, promise me that you'll stay by my side forever.

I promise.

You're grinning in joy internally at the fact that your words made the middle blocker all shock and flustered. However, you weren't prepared for what came out of Tsukishima's mouth.

"And I'm gonna keep that promise until you're no longer on this earth. Even if I'm to leave before you do, I'll watch you from above until you joined me - by my side."

Now it was your turn for butterflies to emerge in your stomach, creating a storm. Tsukishima's eyes have changed from molten gold to warm honey as he showed you his rare small - the kind that leaves you wanting more. The world melted away, leaving the two of you in your own bubble.

It left you feeling warm and safe, wishing that this moment will last forever.

Sadly, nothing last forever.

"If the two of you are done staring at one another so lovingly, I'll like to start the lesson."

The volleyball idiots snapped out of it, returning to reality at the voice of their homeroom teacher. Yukino raised her brows in amusement, a smirk on her face. "So, when will the two of you get together so that I get on with the lesson and not having to interrupt you two every single time?"