Hatsukoi

A/N: This chapter is inspire by Kaichou wa maid-sama (Episode 26). For those who hasn't watch this episode/anime yet, watch at your own cautious (spoiler alert). For those who has watch this episode already, here's a recap: this episode shows the two main characters from this anime going through a love trial where they did 3 challenges. If they manage to finish this trial under 10 minutes, they win the ultimate prize.

Disclaimer: Kaichou wa maid-sama belongs to Hiro Fujiwara. I own nothing.

P/S: this chapter will be slightly longer than the other chapters since it's the last chapter. :)

***

Part 3: Chapter 25

(e/c) eyes sparkled with awe as you took in your surroundings. Karasuno High School was filled with an array of colours, bringing life to the school. Lanterns could be seen strung on strings between stalls that sold all sorts of things, from food to games to trinkets.

The air was filled with shouts as students tried to attract customers to their stalls, enticing them with cheap prices. Meanwhile, the school front yard was packed like sardines, people of all ages mingling and enjoying the festive mood.

The scene reminded you of the summer festival that your team visited during the summer. Karasuno had really outdone themselves this year.

You could barely contain your excitement as you hurried to put on your outdoor shoes, tapping your foot impatiently as you wait for Tsukishima to put on his shoes. "Hurry up Kei-kun! I wanna explore before the cultural festival is over!"

The blond fixed you a glare as he stood up after tightening his shoelaces into a double knot. "The festival won't run away, it's only three in the afternoon and the festival doesn't close until six."

"Whatever." You stuck out your tongue childishly and left the school building, only to be swept up by the bustling crowd.

(e/c) eyes widened in surprise as you struggled against the people around you. The air was squeezed out of your lungs, being jostled left and right. Sometimes being short really sucked because you couldn't see anything since people was towering over you.

A hand reached out through the crowd and grasped your wrist tightly, pulling you out of the crowd. The next thing you knew, you were pressed up against a familiar chest – feeling the air returning to your lungs, able to breathe again.

You glanced up, seeing Tsukishima looking down at you with worried eyes, his breath panting. You could feel how fast his heart was beating under your hands that were resting against his chest.

The two of you stayed in this position – lost in each other eyes until someone accidentally bumped into Tsukishima. The middle blocker snapped out of it as he pushed you away, facing the other way.

You blinked your eyes in confusion, not sure of what just happened.

"...I thought I lost you..."

"What? Did you say something, Kei-kun?" You furrowed your brows, failing to catch the volleyball player's words.

"I didn't say anything. You must be losing your hearing." Tsukishima avoided your question.

"Don't lie to me. I know you said something because last I check; my hearing is perfectly fine."

The blond narrowed his eyes at you while you gave him a triumphant smirk, knowing that you had him now.

Gritting his teeth, Tsukishima spoke, his voice hinting that he was embarrassed. "I said I thought I lost you since your idiot ass decided to just walk straight into the crowd knowing that you'll be swept away. Honestly, how are you Karasuno's volleyball strategist when it's clear as day you weren't using your brain just now?"