Chapter 3 [unedited]

Hey! This chapter has not been edited yet, so bear with it and any mistakes that are in it, I haven't had time to go through and correct them yet! As always, I really appreciate each and every read that you guys give to me, it is overwhelming how far this book has gone in just over a week, so thank you all. Be sure to comment and rate this chapter and of course if you haven't already, follow me on here for more updates coming very soon! Thanks for the support - Jdot

Trying  to  sleep  that  night  was  impossible  with  the  thoughts  and  feelings  which  ran  through  my  mind  on  constant  reply  all  night  long.  Six  o’clock  came  all  too  early,  with  the  alarm   ringing  through  my  mind  like  a  bell  which  couldn’t  be  stopped.   It  was  time  to  wake  up. Of  course  for  that  to  happen  I  would  have  had  to  have  been  asleep  first,  either  way  I  still  had  to  be  at  the  pool  in  just  under  thirty  minutes  for  the  start  of  the  gruelling  three  hour  early  morning  swim  session  followed,  no  doubt,  by  Coach  Martin  giving  us  yet  another  one  of  his  famous  speeches  on  how  we  all  need  to  pick  up  the  slack  and  train  harder,  apparently  the  fact  that  we  were  in  the  top  three  swim  teams  in  the  country  wasn’t  enough  for  him,  he  had  to  be  the  best.  There  were  some  positives  of   swimming  practise,  it  wasn’t  completely  doom  and  glum;  although  it  did  seem  that  way  to  each  of  us,  and  that’s  was  that  James  also  swam.  He  could  easily  outswim  a  shark  and  would  easily  have  found  Nemo  in  half  the  time  which  Pixar  had  taken  to  but  the  plot  together,  he  was  THAT  good.  He  had  always  been  better  than  I  was  from  we  were  little,   but  that  didn’t  stop  our  friendly  competition  as  I  tried  year  after  year  to  one  up  him,  failing  each  time  to  do  so.

Pouring  the  milk  into  my  dry  cereal,  I  couldn’t  help  but  allow  my  mind  to  wonder  back  to  the  events  of  the  previous  night  and  how  Lily  had  been  upset  about  whatever  it  was  she  wasn’t  telling  me,  I  had  to  find  out  what  it  was.  Just  as  I  put  the  last  spoonful  of  cornflakes  into  my  mouth  I  heard  the  loud  and  bothersome  horn   of  James’  fabulous  Ford  Thunderbird  raddle  through  the  walls  of  the  house  as  he  pulled  up  outside,  he  was  early.  Frantically  I  searched  high  and  low  for  my  missing  shoe  which  I  had  kicked  off  into  the  mountain  of  mess which  lay  in  my  room  the  night  before.  Again  I  hear  the  blast  of  the  Thunderbird  ring  not  only  through  the  house  but  the  entire  neighbourhood,  the  neighbours  were  not  going  to  be  happy  about  the  early  wake  up  call.  Opening  the  door  I  signalled   to  James  to  wait  just  a  minute  until  I  found  my  other  shoe,  he  understood,  it  hadn’t  been  the  first  time  I  had  to  wait  on him  for  the  exact  same  thing,  although  looking  at  the  size  of  his  house  it  was  understandable  that  things  would  go  missing  from  time  to time.  Hopping  from  room  to  room,  I  finally  spotted  my  missing  size  9  Converse  buried  under  a  toppled  pile  of  unorganised  clothes,  time  to  hit  the  road.

Peering  through  the  shiny  windows  of  the  red  convertible,  I  couldn’t  see  anybody,  which  struck  me  as  strange.  Usually  Lily  had  to  get  dropped  off  at  cheer  practise  on  the  way  to  swimming,  and  James  normally  picked  up  Lucas  to  come  with  us  before  he  reached  my  house  but  today  there  was  nobody. 

“Where  is  everybody?”  I   questioned  looking  in  puzzlement  at  James  who  seemed,  as  he  always  did,  too  happy  for  this  time  of  the  morning.  With  his  fair  hair  sitting  flawlessly  with  wax  through  it,  despite  the  fact  it  would  only  get  wrecked  again in  the  pool  and  his  wide  open eyes,  James  always  had  to  look  his  best  just  in  case.