Chapter 11:

Awoken   next  morning  to  the  sound  of  car  tyres  grinding  up  a  stony  driveway,  I  couldn’t  help  but  allow  a  small  smile  to  come  across  my  face  as  I  thought  about  the  amazing  dream  I  had  had  last  night.  I  had  dreamt  I  kissed  Lily.  It  was  a  ridiculous  idea;  to  even  think  that  a  girl like  her  would  be  interested  in  someone  like  me  was  farfetched  to  say  the  least,  but  yet  something  about  the  incident  had  seemed  so  real.

Again  I  find  myself  startled by  the  sound  of  a  car  outside,  peering  through  squinting  eyes,  I  attempt  to  figure  out  where  the  noise  is  coming  from.  Even  through  my  blared  vision  I  could  tell I  was  not  in  the  guest  room  of  the  Jones’  house,  instead  I  found  myself  starring  at  the  powder  pink  walls  of  Lily’s  room;  was  it  not  a  dream?  I  lay  in  silent  contemplation  on  top  of  the  covers  of  her  bed,  while  she  lay  still  fast  asleep  underneath,  had  I  really  kissed  Lily  last  night?  Soon  I  found  myself  snapped  back  to  reality  by  the  sound  of  the  car  door  being  slammed  shut  and  the  horn  being  blown.  Slowly  I  watched  as  Lily’s  eyes  began  to  slowly  open,  like  a  flower  budding  for  the  sun,  they  quickly  opened  when  she  realised  that  I  was  now  sitting  at  the  edge  of  her  bed,  frozen  and  not  sure  what  to  do.

“Josh…”  She  spoke  softly  as  she  began  to  kick  the  quilt  away  from  around  her,  “Who  is  out  there?”  She  asked.  Not  waiting  on  a  reply  she  leapt  out  of  bed  towards  the  window,  drawing  back  the  curtain  for  closer  inspection.  Sure  enough,  as  we  had  already  guessed,  it  was  a  little  worse  for  wear  James  returning  from  his  night  at  prom  and  who  knows  what  else. He  must  have  stayed  out  all  night.

Lily  turned  her  face  back  towards  me,  as  though  looking  for  a  solution  to  this  now  developing  problem.  James  was  now  only  inches  from  putting  his  key  in  the  front  door,  he  would  almost  certainly  check  to   make  sure  that  Lily  was  tucked  up  in  bed;  and  if  he  done  that  he  would  see  that  I  was  there  and  who  knows  what  would  happen,  I’d  rather  not  think  about  it.  Despite  this  situation  I  found  myself  caught  up  in  those  deep  blue  eyes  of  Lily’s,  as  she  stared  back  at  me  with  a  look  just  like  last  night;  a  look  of  affection.  We  stood  in  silence  as  we  studied  each  others  faces,  waiting  for  one  of  us  to  make  the  first  move,  but  with  James  approaching  I  had  to  get  out  of  there  fast.

“I  should  go…”  I  found  my  lips  speak  without  me  thinking,  the  words  trailing  off  at  the  end  as  I  found  myself  mesmerised  by  this  goddess  which  stood  mere  inches  from  my  face. 

“Yeah  you  should”  She  smiled  back  at  me,  as  I  gently  leaned  in  kissing  her  softly  of  her  warm  cheek  before  making  my  way  towards  the  door.  Just  as  I  reached  it,  however,  I  found  my  fingers  being  pulled  back  by  her  delicate  hand ,  pulling  me  in  close  to  her  body.  I  found  myself  for  the  second  time  in  two  days  in  an  incredible  situation;  I  was  kissing  Lily  Jones. 

“Ok,  now  you  can  go.”  She  teased  me  as  she  softly  pushed  against  my  back  edging  me  towards  the  door,  giving  me  a  tingling  feeling  as  she  done  so,  her  touch  was  like  a  zap  of  electricity  through  my  body  causing  every  part  of  me  to  feel  something  indescribable.  “And  Josh,  thank  you  for  being  there  for  me  last  night, I  don’t  know  what  I  would  have  done  without  you”

“Probably  walked  the  whole  way  home?”  I  joked,  attempting  to  make  light  of  the  whole  situation  as  I  heard  the front  door  slam  shut,  knowing  James  would  be  here  any  minute. 

“Don’t  worry  Josh,  I  know  we  can’t  tell  him  any  of  what  happened  between  us  last  night,  he’s  your  best  friend  after  all  and  I  understand  that  might  be  more  than  a  little  strange.”  She  told  me,  making  perhaps  the  biggest  understatement  of  the  year.  Stealing  one  last  kiss  from  her  lips,  I  quickly  bolted  down  the  corridor  towards  the  guest  room  as  I  heard  Lily  close  over  her  door.  As  I  done  the  same  I  could  hear  the  sound  of  James’  tired  steps  make  their  way  down  the  corridor;  made  it  just  in  time.

Now,  as  I  lay  there  in  the  light  of  a  new  day,  I  found  myself  turning  over  the  events  of  what  seemed  like  a  dream  in  my  mind;  could  I  really  date  lily?  And  perhaps  more  importantly,  what  would  happen  if  Josh  found  out?

***

Authors  Note: 

Hey  guys,  I can't  believe  there  are close  to  500  of  you  now!! Anyways,  thanks  for  reading  this  chapter  even  though  it  is  short.  I  am  having  a  bad  case  of  writters  block  on  this  story  and  hope  to  resolve  that  soon  and  get  back  to  regular  updates.  Be  sure  to  comment,  vote  and  follow  me  to  keep  up  with  new  updates  coming  soon!  Thanks  as  always - the Jdot