-CHAPTER 4: The Body, it isn't real, I swear!

As the events occurred I went to the Byers' house to be supportive. As I walked over there Eleven was waiting for me. I looked through the window and saw a very confused Joyce. Instantly I felt bad for her. Joyce was walking with Officer Hops about "Will's" death. I couldn't make out what they said but saw as Joyce was frantic and Jonathan dismissing his mother's behavior. Jonathan walked out of the room and I heard his door slam shut as Joyce was still talking to Officer Hops. Officer Hops was consulting her as she sat down on the couch. Joyce sat alone on her couch and I walked away from the window quickly going to Eleven and we walked away.

We went back to my house but we decided to go back to Mike's. Eleven went in the back door as I came in from the front. Mike's parents saw me, covered in dirt, slightly stained from tears, and they looked at me sympathetically.

"Where's Mike?" I asked nonchalantly, "In the basement." they replied.

"May I use your phone?" I asked again as Mrs. Wheeler nodded I walked over dialing my "dad's" number. "Hello?" Gabe asked, "When are you coming home?" I asked him.

"By the time you're awake we should be back, sleep well honey, goodnight." he replied and I said a quick goodnight and hung up.

As I walked downstairs I saw Mike looking at Will's drawings and Eleven playing with the radio. Mike got agitated and looked at El, "Can you please stop that?" he said and El turned it off. Only to be turned on again and El messed with it again, I sat on the steps watching Mike and Eleven. "Are you deaf? I thought we were friends y'know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You both made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there but he wasn't. He wasn't." Mike retorted and we both looked at each other.

"Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't." Mike was pointing the sentence at Eleven. "You both hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you, All along El." Mike continued the sentence directing to Eleven, then he looked at me. Eleven and I looked down, guilty.

The radio interrupted that silence as Will's voice was heard, "So come on and let me know, should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go now? Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble, if I stay it will be double." I could hear Will's small voice singing his favorite song and I smiled. "Will, is that you? It's Mike. Do you copy? Over." Mike took his radio back and said into the radio. No response was all he got, "Will are you there? Will!" he exclaimed. Eleven's nose was bleeding and suddenly my white pieces of hair fell from its hidden place.

"He's alive, Mike. I told you." I said tiredly smiling and he looked at me and came to hug me. "I told you, Wheeler." I whispered before falling asleep in his arms.

=================

As I woke up to knocking I heard Mrs. Wheeler. "Michael? (Y/n)? Hi, guys. How are you feeling?" she asked walking over to Mike first and I quickly made myself feel warm. "I, uh... I don't think I can go to school today." Mike said. "Same with me, I've been crying too much." I said and she looked at me from the bottom bunk. "Oh, that's fine kids. I need to drop of Nancy, then I'm gonna check in on Barb's parents. Why don't you both grab a book or something and come with me? You could both pick out a video game, or movie. Even R-rated." she replied. "I think I just want to stay home today. I mean if that's okay?" Mike replied. "Well, are you sure you'll both be okay by yourselves here?" she asked, then the doorbell rang. I slowly got out of bed and started getting off, "My parents can watch us, we'll go to my house and hang out." I said acting tired and sad. "Okay, we'll goodbye sweetie." she quickly said and walked downstairs greeting my parents and going on her way.