-CHAPTER 8: The Upside Down, and Goodbye's-

We waited. And waited. Waited for what seemed hours but it was only a few minutes. Mike was nervous, anxious, and shaky. He got up and began to walk towards the door. He went outside yelling their names, "Mike!' I yelled and began to get up but he was already back inside. "Mike, I know they left us. But they're gonna go do something important." I stated. "Where's Jonathan and Nancy? Are they with the chief?" Mike asked and I shook my head. "Jonathan and Nancy are gonna go kill the Demogorgon, the Chief and Joyce went to get Will in the upside-down," I replied and he nodded. "It's best to stay here for now," I answered and we sat down. 

"Guys, Guys! This is crazy!" Mike exclaimed, "Just wait. Relax, we'll have to wait it out. Remember, we're still fugitives. And they're looking for Eleven, possibly me too." I responded and he slightly nodded. I looked at Dustin and saw exactly what he was thinking about. "Dustin, you wanna go get some fudge?" I asked and he nodded. "Well let's go." I said and got up, "C'mon guys. We'll be fine in the cafeteria, I promise." I added and we all went to the cafeteria. We walked down the hall slowly, I had a blanket covering me, keeping me warm. 

Once we got to the cafeteria I sat down with Mike as Dustin took Eleven to show her the pudding supply. "Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!" Dustin yelled and Mike screamed, "Okay!" back. He looked at me, "Are you feeling okay? Are you warm enough? Do you need anything?" Mike asked and I shook my head. "I can't wait for this to be over," Mike said and I nodded. Knowing the things to come. "Yeah, me too," I replied and fiddled with the blanket's fuzz. 

"When we go home, we can have a huge dinner. My family and yours. Then we'll play Dungeons and Dragons, it'll be fun." Mike said dreamingly. "That sounds great." I smiled and so did he. "Then we'll go to the snow dance together." I commented and he blushed, "Definitely." he answered. That magnet in us came together again, our bodies connecting and we both kissed. I held his hand and pulled back. I smiled and so did he. "I forgot to mention... Hawkins is here." I commented and the car lights we shone thru the windows. 

"We need to go," Mike mumbled and Dustin and Lucas arrived with the chocolate pudding. "You need to eat this-" Dustin said but got cut off, "Well we need to go. Now!' I said and we ran like mice being chased by cats. We continued accidentally encountering the guards. We ran down a hall only to be met with a woman with a gun, pointing straight at us. Eleven looked at her and I was in front of the boys guarding them. "Back, off!" I yelled and stopped time, I threw the men down, took their guns and broke them, keeping one in my hand loaded. "Play," I mumbled and the men were confused on the ground with no guns and I pointed it straight at them. "Leave. Me. Alone!" I yelled and stood back getting ready to shoot. 

One man walked closer and I shot his leg, making him fall and bleed, groaning in pain. Eleven killed everyone, making them bleed from their eyes, nose, and various other places. She fell and I grabbed her arm, and I fell with her. "I don't feel well," I mumbled and slowly got up, one-fourth of my hair was now white and I touched it. 

Eleven wouldn't get up and I laid her head on my lap. "El? Eleven?" I asked shaking her, "She's just drained." Dustin said and I nodded trying to get up. "Leave her." I heard that familiar man's voice. My eyes widened and I was fully up, holding onto Dustin's arm as support. "Step away from the child. You-" Dr. Brenner pointed at me. "Come here," he stated and I looked at him disgusted. "No! Never! After what you've done to my family? You, need to leave her alone!" I yelled from behind Dustin. "No!" the boys all protested and I quickly stopped time, the men from behind about to capture me. I quickly went in front of Mike and released time. The boys were grabbed and I stood firmly in my spot, Dr. Brenner went to pick her up and grab me. I held the gun in my hand near his head. "Leave us alone! I'll shoot if I have to!" I screamed and cocked the gun. Eleven woke up and reached for me.