Chapter Two: Harbulary Batteries

We all stand around the platform checking to make sure nothing got destroyed or eaten.

"What are they called again?" Drax asks.

"Anulax batteries." Peter tells him.

"Harbulary batteries." Drax marvels.

"That is nothing like what he just said." I tell Drax.

"They're worth thousands of units a piece, which is why the Sovereign hired us to protect them. Careful what you say around these folks. They're easily offended. The cost of transgression is death." Peter explains as we walk off the platform.

****

We make our way into the high priestess Ayesha's dome shaped castle, stopping to stand in front of her. Everything, and I mean everything, here is gold including the people. When we walk into her throne room its lined with civilians and guards. Ayesha sits on an extravagant golden throne, with the best posture I have ever seen.

"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line. We could not risk putting the lives of our own Sovereign citizens. Every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community. Impeccable both physically and mentally. We control the DNA of our progeny germinating them in birthing pods." Ayesha speaks with a posh accident.

"I guess I prefer to make people the old fashioned way." Peter flirts.

"Tali has solid proof of that." Ruby mumbles with a snicker, earning her a elbow to the ribs.

Peter gives us a confused glance before going back to charming the priestess.

"Perhaps someday, you could give me a history lesson....in the archaic ways of our ancestors. For academic purposes." She eyes him up and down.

I look over at him to see his signature flirting smile.

"I would be honored, yes. In the name of research. I think that could be pretty, uh..." He looks over at me and his smirk fades as he clears his throat.
"Pretty, repulsive." he looks back at her "I'm not into that kind of casual..." He keeps stuttering over his words.

"Oh, please." I mumble.

Gamora steps forward.

"Your people promised something in exchange for our services. Bring it and we shall gladly be on our way." She speaks respectfully but still sternly to the priestess.

Ayesha points one finger very subtly and a door can be heard opening and closing, a guard walks out with a struggling Nebula and throws her to the ground. Watching it all I cant help but feel bad for her. She had it worse than Gamora from what I've heard, yet she never betrayed anyone out of fear and Gamora abandoned her. Nebulas a right foul cunt, but she's had to be to protect herself. Her and Gamora glare at each other as soon as they are in the same vicinity.

"Family reunion. Yay." Peter sarcastically and quietly says.

"Seriously?" I whisper, giving him a look of disapproval.

"What?" He defends in a hushed tone.

"I understand she is your sister." Ayesha speaks to Gamora, pulling mine and Peters attention back.

"She's worth no more to me than the bounty due for her on Xandar." Gamora informs Ayesha, as she harshly pulls Nebula up.

Ayesha stands from her throne.
"Our soldiers apprehended her attempting to steal the batteries. Do with her as you please." Ayesha speaks with no sympathy.

Gamora yanks a grunting Nebula out of the throne room. 

"We thank you, High Priestess Ayesha." I say giving her a curtsy accompanied with a head bow to show respect.