Part 7

Demi's POV

Being back on set alongside Naya again was a very weird thing to take in. It was like, you could feel the awkwardness between us but we both had to suck it up and get into our characters. Which wasn't hard, it's easy to act like I'm falling in love with Santana because in reality, I think I'm falling hard for the girl that plays her. The hard part was dealing with the fact that we were acting, that flirtiness and the looks exchanged were all part of our characters, not us. I want it all to be real, to be us, not Dani and Santana.

I sigh, picking at the strings of my guitar. I'm in my trailer waiting for the next scene and usually I would hang out with the rest of the cast but everything has been so overwhelming lately. And nothing relaxed me more than sitting and playing music by myself and for myself. I mean, I love performing for my fans but this is the best form of therapy, releasing my emotions in the best way I know how without the added pressure of people watching me.

I hate you, don't leave me
I feel like I can't breathe
Just hold me, don't touch me
And I want you to love me
But I need you to trust me
Stay with me, set me free
But I can't back down
No, I can't deny
That I'm staying now
'Cause I can't decide
Confused and scared
I am terrified of you

I admit I'm in and out of my head
Don't listen to a single word I've said
Just hear me out before you run away
'Cause I can't take this pain

I hate you, don't leave me

The lyrics hit me a bit too hard and I find myself stopping to try and hold back the tears. Shit...

"That one is definitely my favorite off the album." I hear a familiar voice boom behind me and I turn to see Naya herself smiling down at me.

"R-Really?" I'm a little flustered seeing her here, I'm surprised I even found a word to say.

"Of course...I bought the Target version just for the bonus track." I watched in a bit of shock as she plopped down next to me, as if the past weeks never happened. Maybe I should just go along with it? " I wish I could play guitar."

"Have you ever tried?"

"Like once...then I realized it's a lot harder than it looks." Her laugh was infectious because soon I found myself smiling bigger than I have in weeks.

"Well maybe you just needed a good teacher. Here..." I place the guitar across her lap and turned my body to face her. I don't even realize what I'm doing until I look up and see her worried expression. I give her a small smile, hoping she gets that all of this is no strings attached. We're finally in a place almost back to normal and I would hate to scare her away.

"This..." Slowly and cautiously I gently grab her left hand to bring it up to the frets of the guitar, spreading her fingers over the correct strings. "...is the G chord. Try that." I smile and hand her my guitar pick. She strums a little to hard and a weird mix of sounds come from it.

"I told you I'm terrible." Naya just shakes her head and starts giggling and I let out a chuckle as well.

"It wasn't that bad actually, you just gotta take it easy when you strum the strings. Try a little softer, like this." I place my hand over hers and guide her hand to trail the pick over the strings smoothly. I glance up to see the red rush to her cheeks and I'm pretty sure if there was a mirror I'd be seeing myself the same way. Having her hand under mine was electrifying. "Now you try." I say softly while taking my hand away hesitantly. She replicates what I show her and a smile spreads across her face when it actually sounds decent.

"There you go." I whisper and that's when I realize how close I've actually leaned in towards her. I couldn't control my gaze that dropped to her lips as I felt her breath faintly on my face.

"I-I should get back to set..." She suddenly said pulling the guitar off her lap and shoving it back towards me. I felt the tears back up as I realized I was losing her again, scaring her away right when I had her right back at my fingertips.

"Wait, Naya..." I set the guitar aside and follow her out of my trailer.

"Demi, don't." She warned over her shoulder. I try to grab her wrist to stop her but she pulls away from me and spins around to meet her tear-filled eyes with mine.

"But—"

"No, stop. You've run away from me plenty of times, I think it's about damn time I get a turn." She spat out. Okay, that was a bit of a low blow. Before I can finish reeling in that statement she dumps more on me. "Don't you get it Demi? I dumped my boyfriend for you. That's how SURE I was of my feelings for you, I sacrificed that to take that leap of faith with you."

"Y-You did?" I stutter out softly. Wow, now I feel like a huge ass. She lets out a deep breath to calm herself down.

"I told you...once you left you couldn't have me back. I meant it."

"Then why come to my trailer and tease me like that? Huh? YOU were the one that came in and dangled the opportunity in front of me and YOU LET ME TAKE IT.

"Well at least now you understand how you made me fucking feel!" Before I knew it, once again all my rational thinking was out the window again and I was leaping forward and pressing my lips to hers. The kiss was full of anger and desperation and for a second she sunk right into it. That is, until she came to her senses.

"What the?" She mumbled as she pushed me back. She just shook her head in disbelief before storming off. And there goes another screw-up to add to the list. It just seems to be never ending doesn't it?

The rest of the filming day didn't go any better, in fact it went worse. Everyone could sense the tension between Naya and me but I assume they were all too busy to ask about it. She was absolutely furious with me and I have to admit I was pretty damn mad at her too. All of that switched off in front of the camera but it still bubble inside of us.

I thought all the bullshit would at least go away once I step inside the comfort of my own home but apparently karma is still being thrown at me. There was something off when I walked in, empty. I head to my bedroom and notice all the things that were notably Wilmer's were now gone. I head into the bathroom and his razor, his hair gel, his toothbrush, everything, was just gone. I rush back into the bedroom and start opening up all the empty drawers like crazy, I didn't want to believe that he was really gone. The finality of our break-up hit me all at once and eventually I just drop to my knees and sob.

Will I ever get a break? Am I ever going to be worthy of somebody's love? Because at this point I'm not so sure. At this rate I was going to end up dying alone. And as if things couldn't get any fucking worse, it does.

It actually does. And in the form of a text message from my management. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I clicked on the link sent to me and see in full HD a picture of me and Naya today...in the middle of our heated kiss.

Great.