'Are you okay because I'm not okay.'

Numb was all they felt as they left the sewer

Numb was all they felt as they left the sewer. No amount of tears, prayers nor wishes could bring back the lives lost. The only thing that can be done is to simply move on. Let water run and hope the day after will be better than the day before. The disappearance of Henry Bowers had spread but it seemed that just like the other missing children, no one seemed to bat an eye. Most claimed he was just as gone as the others, while some rejoiced in the possibility of him being sent to some place far away. But those were only rumors.

The losers club felt a sense of lost, maybe from the trauma they had endured or from the absence of one of their own. Tilly weighed heavily on the seven hearts of the group as they dragged through the grey water, dragged trough their fatigue, dragged through their loss. It seemed the light of day was endless and far from their grasps that was until they finally stumbled upon the abandoned rope, swaying slightly from the draft in the house. No one dared to speak, not when they climbed the rope, not when they stumbled through the house, and not when they gathered their bikes from the front of the Neibolt House. Beverly noticed something, a single bike lain deserted on the side. Tears that she thought had soaken into her cheeks now ran freely like rain as her knees hit the ground. A cry of mourning escaped her mouth catching the attention of the others. They too took notice of the lonely bike. Never to be ridden again by its owner.

Beverly grabbed Tilly's bike and mounted onto herself, a strong feeling of calmness washing over her as if Tilly herself was squeezing her shoulders in reassurance. The bike ride was silent, as everyone separated to their own humble abode. No 'farewell' was exchanged, no 'see you tomorrow', no 'Are you okay because I'm not okay.' Nothing.

Eddie, Stan and Richie agreed quietly to go to Stan's house to clean up Eddie. The black goop now dried on his face and shirt. Ben and Mike went to Ben's while Beverly and Bill alerted the authorities of her fathers death. After the help from Bill, they departed. Beverly pedaling solemnly to Tilly's aunt house, she didn't know if she should tell her that Tilly wasn't going to be home for dinner- or forever on that matter, or just let her begin to worry until she acted out with a missing child's poster. Beverly decided on a third option, Samantha was at work when Beverly pulled up to the porch. Her dirty hands gently laid the bike onto the front step, afraid that if she discarded it any other way it would seem as if she was discarding her cousins life as lesser.

Beverly reluctantly left, holding no trace that she was there, just the possibility that Tilly was home- safe and sound. But she wasn't, and that's what ate up Beverly from the inside.

Her cousin will never sleep in a warm bed.

Have a warm meal.

Be comforted.

Be loved.

She will never laugh.

She will never cry.

She will never grow up.

Get a job.

Fall in love.

Get married.

Have kids.

Grow older and watch her kids have kids.

Tilly Fawcett will never live to see another day for her last day had come and gone.

But Tilly Fawcett will never have to experience pain, never have to experience failure, never have to experience heartbreak.

She will never be burdened or be a burden.

And that, made Beverly smile through her tears because her cousin has been freed from this cruel world. Yet, her smile didn't reach her eyes for the loss of her closest family weighed heavily on the curves of her lips. And, Beverly could not tell if she would ever be able to fully smile again.

————————————————-

Kinda just a depressing filler chapter.

So I have some news, Tilly will return. (Lol notice how I didn't say if the news was good or bad?)

Vote and comment to your hearts content ❤