Hour 1

She wiped her hands on the towel hanging on the side of the counter.

'finally,' she thought. She had just done washing dishes and made her way up to her room. The sisters at the orphanage were getting ready for bed and as well as the other orphans. Including her. She was the only one left with the chores so she was very much relieved when she was done.

The orphanage was rotting from rats and old age. The sisters haven't raised enough money to fix the broken lights on the hallways and corridors. The entire building smelled like dust and rust and the smell is not so pleasant.

She sighed and opened the door to the dorm room. The room only contained 16 beds; 8 on each side. One for her, one for a sickly girl called Elise. She doesn't talk much, no scratch that. She doesn't talk at all and sometimes, she'd stare at you for no apparent reason.

Lucky for Malaya, she sleeps six beds away from her.

Malaya and Elise are the only orphans in this hell hole past 16 who hasn't been adopted yet. The teens stay at this part of the orphanage and Malaya was pretty much scared at the thought of them being alone together.

Her only hope was Frankie, a pretty young girl who's turning 16 tomorrow. She's been wanting actually to have someone to talk to besides Elise-who doesn't respond to anything she says or asks.

She pulled the covers to her head, shielding her body from the coldness. Her toes were already blue and freezing.

The only light they had was the moonlight shining through the large dusty glass windows.

Malaya tried to sleep. She stirred and turned but she couldn't help but feel a nagging feeling at the back of her head that something was gonna happen. Not sure if it's bad or it's good. She just knows that something is gonna happen.

And actually, she's right.

She heard a noise from the window on the wall beside her and she knew someone was trying to break in. Her heartbeat got loud and her palms started to sweat.

She lifted the covers enough to peek at Elise, who was sleeping. She looked around through the hole, trying to find any evidence of the person sneaking in. She saw the window open up and a black shadown dropped in, closing the window afterwards.

She tried her best to keep my cool and not freak out. She reached for the pocket knife under her pillow she's been been hiding for years. She quickly sprang up, though her legs were a bit tangled with the sheets.

"Who are you?" She said bravely.

The figure, startled by her action, moved back in surprise. The figure walked closer to her with caution , rising up the tension. He walked towards the moonlight, slowly revealing a black haired boy.

He was pale, he had red lips and he wore torn long sleeved polos. His pants were cropped to the knees and he was barefoot.

"Who are you?" she repeated.

He just smirked at reached out for her hand. "Hi," he smiled.