Hour 6

"So what's your favorite book?" She smiled. They were laying down on the make-shift raft. The water had calmed down and the raft stayed steady. The whole night was quiet and only crickets could be heard.

"Don't tell anyone," he chuckled, "But I like Peter Pan."

Her eyes lit up and her smile grew wider, "I love that too!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! You actually remind me of him!"

"And you remind me of Tiger Lily," he chuckled.

"Why not Wendy?" Her expression dropped. Wendy seemed to be Peter's leading lady and she was upset that he didn't think of her that way.

"Because you have black hair and tanned skin," he smiled, "You're exactly how I pictured her."

She sat up and frowned to herself.

"Why what's wrong?" Michael asked her, confusion written on his face. He wasn't sure what he's done wrong.

"Nothing," she muttered.

"No," he shook his head, "Tell me."

"Why am I not Wendy?" She whined.

"Wha-"

"I want to be Wendy!" She pouted.

"Why would you wanna be-"

"Because Peter loves her and you're Peter so that means you don't love me!" She furrowed her eyebrows and soon enough, tears started escaping her eyes. It was a foolish thing to cry over but that was her. She was a foolish girl.

Michael smiled to himself. He finally knew how she felt for him.

"I like you." Michael said bravely. He never knew he could act like this. He wasn't mushy or anything but this girl got him wrapped around her finger.

"You what?" She looked up at him with wide eyes. She looked beautiful under the moonlight and Michael couldn't resist.

"I like you, Malaya."