Epilogue

[play somewhere in Neverland idc what version]

It's been 20 years since she last saw Michael. Malaya started studying abroad and used Michael as one of her inspirations. She returned a few years later and started making accessories for women. She had one design that became an instant hit. She called it the 'flower crown'. A few more years passed and she met a man at a coffee shop called Calum. He reminded her so much of someone but unfortunately, she was too worn out to remember.

When she turned 40, she bought the orphanage, and turned it into a house where her daughter, her husband and herself lived. She turned her old room into a small library and still kept the bed in its old place after all these years.

Most times, she would sneak a peek at the crown of flowers he gave her. They were wilted but they still weren't wilted into nothing. This gave her hope that he would return.

But a few more years passed and he still hasn't.

Until one night.

She was alone in the library reading 'Peter Pan'. The whole room was lit up and it gave off a homey feeling, unlike how it was when she was young. And that's when she heard it.

A small scratch from outside.

She looked over to her window and excitement filled her veins. She knew who it was and was proved right when a black-haired boy dropped into her room.

"You came back," she gasped.

He was still wearing his checkered red and black polo, his cropped jeans and he was as expected, still barefoot.

"I did," he chuckled. He still looked the same. A bit of wrinkles were showing and his hair was longer, but still the same. And plus, he was still wearing that bracelet he gave her.

She ran up to him and pulled him into a warm embrace, "The flowers haven't completely wilted into nothing."

He didn't answer but he hugged her tight against his chest. She loved his warmth and strength but she remembered that she was married.

"Michael," She looked down at her hands guiltily, "I'm married."

His face dropped and for some reason, he looked so charmingly handsome to Malaya.

Who knew that a boy could be trapped in a grown man's body?

"Don't worry," he smiled sadly, "It's okay."

The door opened revealing a very frustrated Calum. "Honey, are you-Michael?"

"Calum?" Michael's eyes widened, "You married my lost boy?"

"What?"

Calum's face softened and walked over to her wife who seemed lost. "How come I didn't know?" Michael asked.

"I didn't know either!" Calum laughed, "So you were the girl he brought over?" He turned to his lovely wife clad in white.

"Yes!" She squealed. "How come I didn't know it was you?"

"Well, I never actually formally introduced you to the guys and I never actually introduced the guys to you," Michael said.

He was right. She never knew their names and the lost boys probably didn't know hers.

"Where are the other boys?"

Michael shrugged, "A few years after you left, the three of them decided to grow up and I was left alone."

She almost felt sorry for him.

But she wasn't, for the story continued to take a different turn.

"Recently, I met this street painter called Elise. She's quiet but I got her to crack."

That snapped something in her. She remembered someone called Elise from her past.

"Wait, was she sickly?"

"Yes! How did you know?" Michael laughed and nodded. He dug into his pockets and pulled out a picture of a girl with white lips and pale face. Her eyes widened I'm excitement.

"I used to share this room with her!" She squealed, "She was the sickly girl."

"Really?" He looked at the picture once more, "Well at least now, I have someone who won't grow up like me with me."

The phone rang downstairs, interrupting their conversation. Calum excused himself, walking out the door to answer it.

Michael and Malaya were left alone again. The room fell silent and the only sounds in the room were their heavy breathings.

He looked at her straight in the eyes with such intensity that it could probably burn right through her. She held his gaze and it felt like as if they were both teenagers again.

"I've always been in love with you, My Michael." Malaya smiled up at him, a tear escaping her eye.

"And I've always been in love with you, My Malaya," He turned away from her and started climbing down the window, "You are finally free."

a/n

omygod this is finally done thank god and yes I rushed this so it's kinda shitty

anywhoo, u can read my other stories x

and I knew this wouldn't get that. many reads anyway ilysm for liking this story

-athena

"Never say goodbye because because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."

-J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)