Hour 6 and a half

"Michael, what time is it?" She snuggled closer to his chest. They were still on the raft and he knew they could get pneumonia for staying up near the waters for a very long time but he didn't care.

He dug for his locket that had a small clock in it and checked the time. It was almost 5 o'clock.

"It's quarter to five," he sighed.

"What?" She quickly sat up, looking alarmed. Just by the look she had on her face, Michael knew the reason. The dark sky was getting lighter by the second.

"You have to get back, don't you?" He pursed his lips to the side, giving her a lopsided smile.

Her face drooped, "Sadly, I do."

Michael felt a pit forming his stomach and so did Malaya but the can't do anything about it. Oh, if only she had the guta to run away with him for more than a day.

They both walked to the orphanage and by the time they reached it the sun was starting to rise. It was still dark but not as dark as it was a few hours before.

They climbed back up and Michael smiled at how she was climbing without any difficulty up to her room, unlike before. Michael soon followed after her.

When they finally dropped in, she turned to look at him and gave him a sad smile.

"Are you going now?" Malaya asked, hoping he'd say no. She liked him very much. Probably more than Michael liked her. Like any other silly, love-struck girl, she was desperate.

He shook his head, "I still have a few minutes before 6." His response made Malaya sigh in relief.

Her eyes lit up, a wide grin spreading across her face. "So what do you wanna do?"

Michael thought for a while, before deciding to choose the most boring and at the same time, most exciting thing he could think of. "Just talk," he smiled. The flower clad girl nodded, giving him a very beautiful smile that stuck in the corners if his mind.

They talked about music and food and Malaya told him about school, on which he grimaced on. He didn't like the thought of school. Michael always thought that school was over rated and only for people who wanted to grow up.

"Michael, you can stay with me." She grinned, noticing his uneasiness.

"What?" Michael looked at her in confusion. Why would she ask that?

"You can go to school with me and we can work-" Her eyes lit up again but Michael didn't care.

"What?" He asked again, a look of hurt on his face. He thought Malaya knew better.

"You can grow up-" She began to say but was soon cut off by his scream.

"Don't say that!" He covered his ears, "You can't catch me and make a man out of me."

"But Mich-"

"No!" He snapped. Malaya looked down at her hands, trying to think of a way to ease down Michael. She thought he wanted to marry her and be with her for the rest of her life. But she's a foolish girl and both of them knew that.

"As you wish," she forced a smile and they started talking about other things.