Baltra: The Final Chapter

"It sucks we have to leave so soon" Raven sighed dramatically. "I spent to much time with Finn and not enough on the beach"

"Mhmm" Clarke replied, staring at Lexa's back. Her girlfriend had excused herself to take a phone call. The past three days and all that morning Lexa had been occupied with her phone. "Yeah that's great" Clarke muttered, getting up from her seat. Lexa turned to check on the blonde, seeing that her girlfriend was coming her way.

"So by tonight?" Lexa asked quietly.

"Yes, he'll be there by tonight. I called her mom and I got sent to voicemail. I left her a message and her assistant called me back and said that she wasn't coming" Anya reassured.

"Try again. Try her stepdad and see if he can convince her. Hold on. She's coming over" Lexa muted their call and smiled at Clarke. "Hey you"

"Hi. I am spending the day alone?" Clarke pouted, wrapping her arms around Lexa.

"Of course not" The brunette pecked her lips. "I'm planning a surprise for you. Give me half an hour and I'm all yours for the rest of the trip"

"Half an hour?"

"That's it"

"Okay but the surprise better be worth it" Clarke left her to her conversation.

"Did you mute me?" Anya questioned. "Cause that's just rude. Especially after all I did for you the last three days"

"I know I'm sorry. Is the boat ready?"

"Yep. It's decorated and docked where you want it. Octavia is handling everything"

"Good. Let me know if Abby responds"
*      *
"Do I get my surprise now?"  Clarke queried. The couple had eaten a late lunch and Lexa spoiled Clarke with any and everything she wanted. Now they were strolling under the canopy connected to their room.

"How do you know that today wasn't the surprise?"

"Since it took you three days to plan, I would hope not"

"Wait here" Lexa pulled out her suitcase, rummaging through it for the velvet box before texting Octavia. "Turn around and close your eyes" Clarke obliged. Lexa waved get hands in front of Clarke's eyes to make sure they were closed

"My eyes are closed" Clarke rolled her eyes as best as she could with them closed.

Octavia
He's waiting at the ballon.

We’re ready when you are

"I had to check" Lexa slid the ring box into her back pocket. "Your present on the beach" Lexa slipped a blindfold over Clarke’s eyes then led her out the door.

"If you were just going to put a blindfold over my eyes, why did you ask me too close them?" Clarke chuckled.

“I’m dramatic” The walk to the beach was only about five minutes. Lexa made sure the beach was clear for what she had planned for the night, sparing no expense. “Okay, stop right here” Lexa said, turning Clarke towards the front of the ballon. Jake nodded at Lexa before taking off Clarke’s blindfold.

"Hi, sweetheart" Jake greeted, hugging his daughter.

“Dad? What are you doing here?” Clarke beamed, falling into his embrace.

“Your girlfriend has a very special surprise for you and she thought I’d want  to be here for it” Clarke sent a smile back at Lexa.”We can talk about it later. Right now you have a hot air balloon ride to go on” Jake winked at Lexa before helping Clarke on the balloon. “Good luck”
*                   *
"Thank you for this" Clarke whispered, leaning back against Lexa. Clarke was loving the view the balloon gave them. The sunset casted over the ocean blended with the tropical colors of the flora and fauna in the sand. It made for the perfect view. They were about to reach the set up Lexa had planned so she slipped the ring box out of her pocket.

"You don't need to thank me but you're welcome" Lexa promised. "But I do me a favor and look to your left." Gradually as they got closer, candles spelled out : Clarke Griffin, will you marry me?. "I want to take a little bit of paradise before we have to go back to reality. And I can't see that happening without you being my wife"

"Oh my God" Clarke breathed out. Lexa flipped open the box, kneeling in front of the blonde.  "Is that an—"

"Engagement ring. Hopefully your engagement ring. I love you and I know that I am going to make you my wife. Life's short and I want to make the most of it with you"

"You were serious the other day, weren't you?" Lexa nodded.

“I’m not an impulsive person, Clarke, but since I’ve known you I have found myself doing things I never would have imagined. Because of you I finally had the courage to go out and do what I want. Now I want you to be my wife. Let’s get married tonight”

“I don’t know what to say” Clarke stuttered. “I want to marry you. There is no doubt in my mind about that but why the rush?”

“There isn’t one. Everything about this trip is perfect. It’s the perfect opportunity , the perfect night, the perfect bride” Lexa grinned. “What’s stopping us?”

“Lexa” Clarke sighed.

“Let me ask you this: do you want to marry me?”

“Yes” Clarke didn’t hesitate. Lexa stood, slipping the ring on her finger.” I love you”

“I love you more than you know. Do you see that yacht? There are over two hundred people waiting for us there. Either for our wedding or our engagement party. I’m not pushing you into anything but I really want to be your wife. Say yes and if you hate it, we'll have another one. You can plan it yourself, no expense, and I'll show up in whatever you want me to wear just so I can make you mine. What  do you say?”
*            *

"When did you guys have time to plan a wedding? And why wasn't I included?" Raven huffed, looking at the people scattered around the dock. "You literally told everyone but me"

"We needed you to distract Clarke and you can't keep a secret for shit" Octavia replied, watching the crowd board the yacht.

"I resent that”

"It's true" Octavia rolled her eyes.

"I can still resent that" Raven waved her off, looking at the people board. "How did you get Abby to come?"

"I didn't. Lexa and I couldn't get past her assistant but Anya called Marcus and invited them. I'm surprised that she came"

"Who else is here?"

"Everyone. Lexa went all out. She flew out everyone I thought Clarke would want here"

"How much did she spend?"

"No idea but I know it wasn't cheap" Octavia could see Anya searching the crowd before sprinting towards her. “So engagement party or wedding ceremony?”

“What do you think?” Anya gave her a knowing look.

“Alright people, look alive! We only got one chance to get this right”