The Honeymoon Phase

"I can't believe we're married" Clarke smiled into Lexa's neck. They were in the largest suite on the yacht, naked with their legs tangled. "How did you manage to pull this off?"

"Mostly Octavia. If I was going to convince you, I had to have your perfect wedding" Lexa admitted, twisting Clarke's wedding band on her finger. "And you already picked out the dress" Lexa smirked as the blonde hid her flushed cheeks. "When did that happen?"

"Raven and Octavia were teasing me about how 'lovey dovey' we were. Somehow we ended up talking about getting married, what outlets rings would look like, and then we started looking at dresses" Lexa smiled, kissing the crown of Clarke's head. "We need to get you a wedding band"

"We can or I can tattoo 'property of Clarke Griffin' any where you want on my body"

"While that is a wonderful idea I think we should place it on the back burner" Lexa hummed distractedly, threading her fingers through Clarke's hair.

"You looked beautiful in your dress. Absolutely stunning. Want to Marry me again?" Clarke's laugh filled her ears before she rolls completely on top of her. "I love you" Clarke pecked her lips.

"You better"
***
Entering the airport was just as bad as Lexa imagined. News reporters were surrounded them for every station. Her and Clarke's fans had come up with theories about their time abroad. Less than an hour after their wedding the rumors started spreading like wildfire. Lexa made sure to kiss Clarke's ring finger to avoid the barrage of questions being thrown at them. It took them twice as long as it should have to get to their car. "Way to make sure that they see the ring" Clarke grinned after Lexa closed the door.

"I had to make sure everyone knows Clarke Griffin is off the market" Lexa leaned over the console for a kiss and the flashes immediately started. "I didn't miss this"

"Ditto" Clarke returned the smile Lexa gave her tenfold. Eventually the paparazzi's shouting ruined their moment. "So where to?"

"How about the nearest realty office?"

"We literally got married yesterday and you're trying to buy a house? "

"I mean we're gonna make the news pretty soon. We might as well get the big things out of the way too" Lexa beamed, bumping her most against Clarke's.

"Big things? What are you getting at, Woods?"

"I'm getting at some babies, Woods" Lexa's smile widened as she leaned in for another kiss.

"Think again, babe"

"I'll wear you down"
***
Clarke slid onto Lexa's lap with her iPad in hand. "Do you like this one?" The blonde asked, scrolling through the pictures. Lexa sat her coffee down and peered over her wife's shoulder.

"Do you?" Lexa challenged.

"You hate it" Lexa laughed, kissing Clarke's forehead.

"I told you. I like traditional style, modern interior"

"Which is so dull. I love you but other than in wives you have the worse taste" Clarke have her a cheeky grin.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Well you know the phase: happy wife, happy life"

"So you get what you want"

"Yes, but we can make some compromises" Clarke said, giving her a kiss. "Let's see what we can compromise on"

"Wait, why are you looking high to low? We're going low to high. We probably need to do renovations and pay HOA fees" Clarke laughed at the way Lexa stared at the prices.

"I'm only looking at these for reference. So what's our price range?"

"It should be 3 times our combined salary but we have to keep in mind possible repairs that could add up. Theoretically, we can afford 15 million but I don't want to go anywhere near that"

"So like 10?" Lexa grimaced. "7?"

"I'm thinking 5"

"With how you live, I'm surprised that you're so tight with money"

"I'm not tight; I'm cautious"

Clarke hummed, turning sideways in Lexa's lap. "Your mom was sweet. I'm glad I got to meet your family"

"Me too. Even Luna stayed sober enough to remember to meet you" Clarke wrapped her arms around Lexa's neck.

"It'll be okay"

"I know"

"I love you" Lexa beamed, huffing at the flashing of her phone. "Answer it. It could be important"

"Doubt it" Lexa glanced at the messages left on her phone, noticing about fifteen were from Costia. "What does she want now?" Lexa groaned.

"Who?" Lexa showed her wife the stream of messages Costia left. "Just ignore it and focus on me" Clarke pulled Lexa forward, grazing her lips against Lexa.

"I think I can manage that" Lexa mumbled, sweeping to her feet with Clarke in her arms. Clarke squealed as Lexa spun her around before laying her on the couch, falling on top of her.

"Prove it" Lexa slid her hands around her wife's waist and her shirt before leaning down to kiss her, quickly darting her tongue into her mouth.

"Wanna practice making some babies?"
***
Lexa blinked, stirring from her sleep to the noise of someone banging on her door. She waited, hoping the person would give up and leave. When they didn't, she slid out from under Clarke and grabbed the nearest shirt, wrapping the throw around her waist. She groaned, seeing Costia leaning on her door through the peephole. Lexa locked the door chained before unlocking the deadbolt. "You better have a good reason for waking me up" Costia tried to push her way in but door chain kept her at bay.

"Let me in"

"No. What do you want?" Costia stared her down, hoping for Lexa to crack.

"Are you really not going to let me in?" Lexa stared blankly at her. "Fine. Explain this to me" Costia pulled up the picture from yesterday of her kissing Clarke's ring finger. "What the hell is that on her finger?"

"That would be my wife's engagement ring and her wedding band. Now if that's all, can you move so I can close the door?"

"You wouldn't empty out a drawer for me in the three months we were together and out of the blue you marry this girl you've known for a month"

"Why does it matter to you? I'm happy. We're happy. Leave"

"No! I'm not happy. You owe me an explanation"

"I don't owe you anything. We weren't a good fit, and you broke up with me. I'm glad you did because I met Clarke. So thank you. Now please leave so I can spend time with my wife" Lexa preceded to close the door.

"Can we talk? I mean really talk. Why are you rushing into this?"

"Why are you so interested in my life all of a sudden? I couldn't get you to meet my mom. You brushed me off every time I mentioned my sister. I see you more now than I did when we were together"

"Lex?" Clarke rasped from the couch,sitting up and clutching the blanket to her chest.

"I'll be right there" The brunette called out over her shoulder. "Goodbye, Costia" Lexa quickly shut the door, before returning to the couch. "Good nap?"

Clarke yawned as she nodded, leaning against Lexa. "What did she want?"

"I guess she got tired of me ignoring her texts so she came down. Nothing to worry about" Lexa responded, throwing her arm around Clarke's shoulder. "Now we were looking at house before we got distracted" Lexa grabbed her IPad, unlocking it. Clarke grinned up at her, seeing one of their wedding pictures as the screensaver. It was of their first dance with the sunset as their background.

"How did you get those already?"

"The photographer emailed a few. I was going to show you but we were.... busy"

"Busy, huh?" Lexa smirked, nodding. "I love you"

"I love you too, Mrs. Woods"